eighteen

The tight confined space grew to be torture. I felt the air become thick and the sudden need for the outside world confined me.

Ashton didn't really say or do much after his little fit, he basically sat back and stared at the illuminum automatic doors that were no longer automatic.

I tapped my foot impatiently and tried thinking of something to do. Having an idea, I took out pen and notebook/journal like book out of my school bag and basically started writing on a pagein it - just a page where I'll write down my own thoughts, something my therapist suggested.

I saw from the corner of my eyes that Ashton was silently watching my fumble with the pen and scribble it on the paper for the ink to finally appear. I didn't acknowledge his staring, instead I set the book on my thigh and begin to write.

"Dear Journal,

Believe me or not, but I'm actually trapped in an elevator with Ashton Irwin. You know that boy I complain about all the time? The bully? Yeah, him.

It's been really awkward because neither of us are fond of eachother, and being trapped in a tight space of five foot width isn't much of a helper neither.

He kinda just broke down, but that's okay because I know how he feels - he just said his own mother was in hospital and -"

"What are y-you writing?" Ashton's voice suddenly filled the room, cracking slightly.

I shug in response, continuing to write.

"he has every right to freak and cry over something as serious as that. He also seems claustrophobic since he started complaining about needing air, not that I won't take the chance for fresh air. -"

"Oh, well, Danny's got a diary then." Ashton said, causing me to look up at his smirking fac.

"No, actually it's not." I huff, crossing my arms challengingly.

"Whatever, I can see you complaining about me in it." He rolls his arms.

"Well, I'm not." I huff, beggining to write in it again.

"But I'm not complaining about it much, I can't do anything about it so there's no reason stressing about it - it's inevitable. Inevitability is called inevitability for a reason, no one can do anything about it. No matter how much I'd stress about it, it'll still be inevitable.