forty - seven

I gaped down at the sobbing, vulnerable boy infront of me, sobbing.

As cold hearted as it was, I actually considered leaving him here since he didn't mean anything to me anymore, he hurt me - why should I care?

But it was when he guiltily looked up with me, redshot eyes, that I remembered that my whole heart was - as cliché as it sounds - dedicated to him and it ached at the sight before me.

I stood unmoved, fazed for a couple minutes atleast - until I sighed, pushing away the heartless thoughts of mine and I crouched down to his level and pushed his chin up slightly - smiling sadly at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, trying my best to see him now that the automatic light in the hallway had gone off.

"M-My m-mum," he blubbered, "s-she died."

My heart instantly shattered and I felt tears well up in my own eyes, knowing how it felt to have your own mother taken away from you and let me tell you - the woman that brought you into this life dying makes you want to die yourself.

You feel like you don't deserve to be here without the person that actually brought you here.

Atleast that's how I felt, and I'll be damned sure that Ashton won't feel like that any time soon.

Finally letting a tear roll down my cheek for the poor boy, I tugging him up by the sleeve of his sweater and smiling apologetically to him.

"C'mon, some inside." I said softly and he just hesitantly nodded, still crying - only gasping for breath.

I quickly unlocked the door and pulled him inside gently, rubbing his shoulder soothingly.

I shut the door behind us, us still in the dark because I have yet to turn on the lights.

I kicked off my shoes and gestured for Ashton to do the same, he just kept blubbering incoherent things and he slipped them off - letting out a loud cough.

"Hey, hey, shh..., it's okay." I said reassuringly, patting his back.

I lead him into the living room with me, even though he was half stumbling and half collapsing - I still managed to hold him up and balance him.

I sat down on the couch and pulled him down beside me whilst I took in his state - his skin was sickly pale, his eyes were bloodshot, his curly hair was even messier than casual, he stunk and he had a little overgrown stubble all over his chin, jawline and cheeks.

"When?" Was all I said softly.

He looked up at me and he tried calming himself down to only hiccups and coughs, wiping the tears from his eyes.

He took a shaky breath and sniffed. "T-This morning."

"Ash," I frowned sadly, rubbing his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"D-Don't be." He instantly shook his head whilst wiping the tears even more. "I'm sorry."

"Why?" I asked, only furrowing my eyebrows.

"F-For k-kissing Chloe," he said softly - disappointedly, "I wasn't thinking straight, I'm a dick and...and...fuck, I'm such a twat."

"S'okay," I mumbled - flinching st his use of swear words.

"No. No it's not." He whined. "You trusted me, I trusted you, we were really good at this -"

"It doesn't matter because we weren't that serious." I blurted.

He instantly froze and turned to stare at me, looking disgusted at what I had just said.

"W-We barely know eachother," I continued - sighing, "we couldn't be that serious."

"B-But, n-no, I told you so much about me!" He argued, more tears spilling from his eyes and my heart shattered. "D-Danny!"

I wiped away a tear that had escaped my own eye, seeing as though witnessing a broken down man only broke me down with him.

And I know I'm being incredibly unfair, I know I'm being so unfair. It's...well, unfair.

"Please! Please, tell me anything, anything that I can do to make it up to you! To get you back! I promise! I swear!" He wailed.

"You want us back?" I whispered, after a few minutes of him sobbing.

He nodded viciously and looked at me with pleading eyes.

And I nodded.

"Okay, we're back. But let's just take things slow and get to know eachother better though, okay? Promise?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

He only agreed rushingly and threw his arms around my neck, squeezing me in relief.

"Thank you so much," he mumbled into my shoulder and I just smiled.

He lifted himself off of me and kissed me on the lips.

And I knew good things were to come.

__________________

#doubleupdate bitchachos

omgomgomgomgomgomg only two more chapters left fUCK