eleven

"Dad?" I asked, picking up the phone, feeling panic rush through me.

"D-Danny?" His voice cracked, he sounded sad and it seemed like he was crying. What the hell?

"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked hurriedly - because never have I heard him cry and I know damn well that he wouldn't cry without a. reason.

"Y-Your m-mother." He wailed.

Oh no.

Oh hell no.

"What? What's wrong with her?" I said, my breath hitching

"She gave out. She...it gave out on her, Danny." He sniffed, and I swear my heart stopped.

The thing is, I never told you or anyone, my mother has been quite ill for the past 3 or so years - not ill, she had cancer. Lung cancer. She used to need an oxygen tank in a bag or roll along and she could never climb stairs or walk far distances, she was almost unable to do anything.

Although, a year ago, she decided that she was fine without the tank and even the doctors said it was a waste of time - she was going to die no matter what and my mother didn't really care how soon she died. Though her body put up a tough fight and has managed to get her through a lot in a year, with no support or given oxygen. It was almost like a miracle.

Even though we knew - since about two months ago - that her time was coming soon and she wasn't going to he able to hold on much longer.

I know you probably think - why would you move out if your mom was about to drop dead?

I'm not like that, I swear.

I was made to think of it as 'no big deal' and was made to be able to do other things and not feel guilty about leaving her, and so after a long discussion with her - she finally convinced me that it was okay to move out.

Well, damn. I regret that now.

"D-Dad?" I asked shakily, after minutes of just sitting there breathlessly. "What do you mean?"

"She's dead, Danny." He hiccupped. "Dead."

I covered my mouth is shock, my breathing becoming ragged and tears springing to my eyes.

I left her without saying goodbye.

What type of daughter are you?

I then began to uncontrollably sob, and cry my eyes out, shaking like a leaf. My cries turned into wails as I dropped my phone and sank to the floor, burying my face into my hands.

Left alone on a floor with only regret and sadness as company.

______________

"We tried everything we could." Her doctor, Mr Martin said sadly.

I only stopped crying about half an hour ago, feeling that tears wasn't really a solution and not to mention I was probably wearing my eyes out after four hours of crying. But I didn't feel any happier - wait, let me rephrase that - more like, any less sadder.

It turns out, she collapsed on her way up the stairs and her lungs just couldn't work enough oxygen for her heart and she...yeah, you get it.

I did prepare myself for this moment ever since I found out about the cancer, but I certainly didn't expect it to happen like this.

"Thank you, Doc." My dad said - incredibly cliché like, might I add - to Dc. Martin. He smiled sadly at us and then walked away.

"Princess," My father said to me, a tear running down his cheek. "I'm so sorry for this."

"It's not your fault." I sniffed, my voice gruff.

He pursed his lips and looked down at the white polished floor sadly.

I looked around at all the nurses walking around in their greeny - blue scrubs. I scrunched my nose up at the smell - old man, hand sanitizer and death. It wasn't an enjoyable smell.

Nothing caught my eye until I swear I saw a familiar mop of curly caramel coloured hair disappear through a door.

It can't be him.

Can it?

I mean...

It had to be him, he was the same height and he had his signature black skinny jeans on.

Why would Ashton Irwin be here?

_____________________

Ohhhhhhhhhh did ya see that coming? Nope lol

Kk guys

Cheesy pickup line time:

If I were to rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together.

Heurheurhuer get it

K bye

(Ps sorry for not updating for a couple days - I was kinda busy at my friends house and updating my Muke story)

-sierrah-