Epilogue Special Pt 1

Few months later after the start of the 5-year gap~

In the middle of the sea somewhere north was an opening. Known as the Hidden World.

At first glance one would say it was a large and normal opening belonging to a caldera of a semi-active volcano, with tons of seawater cascading into it. However, it wasn't empty in its entirety. This was the home of large and amazing creatures only known in myths and legends. Fire breathing reptiles known as dragons.
There were a variety of these creatures that had their unique coloring, shape, skills and traits that made them special and different from each other. They flew around large caverns decorated with crystals and fossilized corals covered with bioluminescent light that helped its inhabitants navigate through the vast cavern systems deep underground. A safe haven for all dragons unlike the world has ever seen before as the dragons in this hidden world went about their daily lives.

This day and the days after in particular were going to be different, as one dragon was thinking about doing something that would help their family and friends learn about the world outside the hidden world. Her name was Amari, and she was a furred fury, a different variant of the night and light furies commonly known. She was an interesting case not because of her rareness, but because of the events that changed the course of history both for dragon kind and the world outside. Amari was the first dragon in generations to have bonded with a human, named Henry Haddock, at the end of the war between dragons and humans. The war that lasted for several years was an intense one, so much that it seemed impossible for both kinds to make peace and start coexisting. The bond with Amari and Henry changed all that, and now both sides have seemed to understand it. Well...the dragon side was one, but the human side made Amari worry a bit.

Henry was Amari's friend, the human who helped her when she was injured and got her back to her home. He helped her by hiding her while in a different and dangerous world, and in return both helped each other view the good side of their species. The mindlink, an unexplained mental connection that was granted to Henry and others when a dragon bit them, was something also essential to understand each other as well as face impossible odds like during metal giant or metal monster fights. The time that both spent together was one of the best things that has happened to Amari. And in all honesty, she missed Henry so much.

She worried about him, not knowing if he was alright or if the humans listened to him or if they have ignored him and continued their belief that dragons were nothing more than heartless beasts and monsters. As much as Amari wanted to go and visit her friend just once, she knew that she couldn't leave her home because of the dangers outside and that she needed to take care of her family. Speaking about family, her mate Akio, a back night fury, and their three hatchlings, Linna, Eclipse, and Swallow, were arriving at their home cave where Amari was, returning from a midday flight around the hidden world. Akio smiled and approached Amari as she got up and went over so they nuzzled in greeting.

"Hello, my love" Akio said. "Hello, sweetie. How was the hunt and flight?" Amari asked as they both purred. "Oh, you know, little rascals flying around with loads of energy. They managed to succeed in catching fish...barely. But they are doing great." Akio responded as two of their three hatchlings, now a bit more grown, went over and greeted her with squeaks and chirps. "Mommy! We missed you!" They chirped as they latched on to Amari's legs and wings. "Hey there, my little babies. How did you all do with dad?" She asked as she lowered her head and nuzzled each of them, as well as giving them head licks.
"We did great! I managed to catch a large fish!" Linna said as she went over to pick up the fish she dropped at the cave entrance and show it. "I didn't catch a fish. Just a small crab" Swallow said, his ears pinning down as his head dropped. "Oh...don't feel bad. You did your best. Soon you will grow up and manage to catch all sorts of fish." Amari crooned as she nuzzled Swallow's head. Swallow smiled a bit before yawning and laying down. Swallow was a good hatchling, its just that he seems to have a limited amount of energy. Linna was energetic and curious about everything, hence she was always asking about what happened when the three were still young and had one time gone to the land of the humans. Eclipse was....something else that they two parents haven't managed to put in words.