Epilogue Special Pt 7

The tachikomas continued their descent into the entrance of the dragon's nest until they touched down on the rocky shores heat the columns. They were careful not to go near the waterfalls that were cascading down or the water that was already at the bottom.
Once the three touched down, they reeled in their parachutes and scanned their surroundings for a safe route that would lead them deeper into the nest. ["Okay you two, look alive. Let's get moving so we can have our first glimpse of the dragons"] Johnny said as he began to walk in the direction of the tunnels. Peter was so unhappy and nervous to be in this new place that he started to climb up to at least get to the waterfall in hopes of crossing it and getting out. Only to be hit in the head with a small rock, thrown by Bob as he noticed Peter about to go away. ["PETER! Stop trying to run away and follow us!"] Bob protested and signaled his sibling to tag along. ["Awwww...we are not going to survive this. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!"] Peter said as he went after the other two tachikomas.

The three spider tank AIs crawled onwards in through the tunnel, jumping across lakes and pools to not get wet, escalating down the tall bioluminescent pillars, making their way across the stone mazes underneath the pillars. Finally, after hours of traveling across unfamiliar and complicated terrain, the three tachikoma AIs arrived at a ledge that overlooked all of the dragon's nest. They gasped as they saw everything; large fossilized corals along with crystals as large and high as skyscrapers, and even some trees and vegetation. And, of course, to top it all out, they saw all kinds of dragons everywhere. There were dragons perched on coral platforms and crystals, laying down to nap on chosen caves and coves, and flying across the air all around the nest. The whole view of this new world the three have ventured into made them look at everything with something close to awe.

["This is...awesome! There are dragons everywhere around here!"] Johnny said with happiness and excitement as his other siblings "felt" the same. ["Cool! Check that one out. He has horns and thick armor. Definitely and Rumblehorn. One of these days I will find out if I can beat it in combat"] Bob observed down below as he spotted a dragon, flexing his mechanical limbs a bit to emphasize. ["That would be a terrible idea!"] Peter countered as he looked at Bob a bit shocked. ["You are right. And we didn't come here to fight dragons. We came to see if we can befriend them. Don't let your combat persona get in your way"] Johnny said as he held up a mechanical arm to tell Bob and the others to halt. They continued to observe above and below until Johnny spotted some nearby dragons down below that, from their standards, didn't seem too hostile to approach.

["There! I see a couple of dragons down over there. They seem harmless enough to approach. Come on!"] Johnny urged as he began to climb down the ledge. Bob and Peter followed him down to the ground as the three used grappling hooks to descend slowly and carefully.

————————————————————————————————

"'No, Akio! This one saved my life and helped heal me!'" Dawn exclaimed as she rehearsed as Amari, moving around to place himself in front of Fiskur that played Akio on the crystal platform where the play would take place. "'But...he is a...'" Fiskur stuttered as he looked up at where Henry's metal giant, who will be played by Amari, was going to be during the actual play. "'I know. A metal giant. But he saved me. He is trustworthy...'" Dusk said to Fiskur in return. "Great work! You guys nailed that part!" Amari said from the other side of the stage. Fiskur and Dawn smiled and bowed a bit in gratitude. They all practiced their parts until it was time to set everything up for the play.

"Everything is wrapping up so well right now. The kids and the dragons are going to enjoy the show" Amari said very pleased as she went to help move some materials to clear the crystal clearing for the audience. "Indeed. And the kids are liking how it's going. Well...Linna is the only enthusiast." Akio said as he observed their hatchlings that were perched on an elevated ledge. Linna had come down from her perch to watch up close the play, Swallow was munching on a fish, and Eclipse was gnawing on a metal box to try and pry it open. Amari sighed, asking herself if this was going to be enough for all of the dragons in the hidden world. "I'll keep telling you again and again, they will all love it" Akio assured her as she sensed her uneasiness. Amari smiled and nuzzled him back before going with him to get the final preparations. Some time later, the first dragons began to arrive and look for a place to sit as they waited for the play to start.

————————————————————————————————

The three tachikomas made their way down and approached the dragons carefully, hiding behind rock mounds and fossilized corals. When they got near, they observed as the dragons seemed to be busy clearing the area. ["What do you think they are doing?"] Peter asked as the three kept themselves hidden. ["I don't know. Let's get a closer look"] Johnny whispered before stealthily moving around to approach more. The two followed behind him, careful not to be spotted by any dragons passing by as they went to the crystal platform.
When they turned a corner, Johnny almost let out a terrified squeak when he spotted a mecha standing in front of them. The three tachikoma AIs backed up to not be seen. But Johnny, upon further inspecting the mecha, noticed that it was out of shape. The thing looked like a mecha, but the parts seemed to be way off as some looked like different parts placed or welded together. Johnny let out a relieved sigh, but backed up along with others as they heard talon steps approaching nearby.

When Johnny was in a position where he could see, but the dragon couldn't, as they waited. Soon the dragon appeared and went over to the "fake mecha" to inspect it as it reared on its hind legs. Johnny scanned the dragon from afar and then realized with surprise that this one was brown, furred, and with feathers along with a few white and blue markings

They had found Amari, Henry's dragon.

["Oh my goodness. It's her! It's Henry's dragon you guys!"] Johnny squealed silently as he tried to get a closer look. ["SHHH!!! No! Be quiet!"] Bob and Peter whispered loudly as they used their mechanical arms to pull Johnny away so the dragon wouldn't spot the three of them and to move to scamper away, leaving some falling pebbles behind.

————————————————————————————————

Amari's ears perked up as she heard a small commotion and some weird chirps coming from behind her. She turned around quickly, but didn't see anything or any dragon except for some dust and pebbles having fallen off from a rock mound.
"Pesky Terrors. Always snooping around" Amari muttered to herself before hearing the voice of one of her friends. "Okay! We are ready! Everyone's here!" they said, making Amari go to the armor while Akio arrived and helped her place part of it on in preparation of the play.

————————————————————————————————

["That was a close one"] Peter said as the three tachikomas went to a high place to avoid the dragons that were arriving at the crystal clearing. ["Awww. No fair. I was so close to meeting Amari up close and personal!"] Johnny whined as they all climbed up from where they first arrived and looked down at the congregating dragons.

["Wow. There are so many dragons gathered down there? What's going on?"] Bob observed from where the three were. ["I don't know. Are they going to make a celebration? It kind of looks like how humans would do it"] Johnny guessed as the remained where they were. Suddenly, there were heavy thuds behind them as two large shapes landed. They nearly jumped and quickly turned around to see what was it that landed behind them. At first they thought that they were dragons, but the immediately realized that it was worse than that.

The shapes of two mechas, one being a commander type kurata and the other, more surprisingly, was unmistakably the famous XLR8 mecha. The two mechas stood there looking down at the three tachikomas with their arms crossed, the pilots inside of their respective mechas looking down at them from the inside with their monitors.

With very displeased looks.