33

The aircarrier that took the Viking squadron and it's mechas climbed up in a vertical angle to obtain cruising altitude.

They were about to when Henry and Alice heard strained growling coming from behind their seats. It was Amari, her whole body pressed against the far end of the wall because of acceleration.
"Oh no. Looks like we've got a stowaway on board." Dr. Elias joked as he tried to hang tight to his seat.
"Hang in there, girl. Just a little more." Henry said. After the control display showed [CRUISING ALTITUDE OBTAINED], Henry and Alice leveled the ship down while switching it to autopilot. Amari got down on all fours and shook her whole body and feathers, relieved that it was all over. "Hold up, I'm gonna take the other cat out of the box." Henry said as he unbuckled his seatbelt and headed down to the hangar ladder. Once there, he unlocked the package locks, allowing Akio to climb out and stretch his body.

"[~Is it safe?~]" the night fury asked after he finished stretching his wings. "That's gonna be a yes. Now come, Amari is upstairs." Henry said as he went back to the ladder. Once there, Akio and Amari nuzzled against each other happily. Alice took note of this and commented, "They really are different from what all of us expected. And it's so sweet". Amari and Akio purred in agreement as they both licked each other.
"So, what's the window from here?" Elias asked from his seat after Henry sat down. "About six hours depending on wether there's dragons, storms or any type of delay." Alice answered. "Not bad. We could take this time to relax." Henry said.

* * *

Two hours later~

["GOD....I'm SO TIRED..."]groaned Travis's voice from the other aircarrier after a long two-hour period. ["Oh relax, tin head. It's only been two hours, and only four hours remain 'till we actually get there. It's not gonna drive all of us crazy, is it?"] Rachel retorted. And so started another seemingly never ending argument from the twins that Alice had to shut off the radio.

"I'm bored too. Let's go on a fly for a mock-up dogfight. What do you say?" Alice asked Henry after a while. "I really don't know. Things like these aren't allowed during a mission" he replied. "Well...they aren't here. And what are they gonna do if we go out? Punish us severely? I highly doubt it if we aren't gonna crash our mechas. Besides, I need to stretch out my limbs while playing music." Alice said, then tapped something on the dashboard before getting up and heading to the hangar bay. Rock music started to play as soon as she got down.

"Is this how you usually rebel? I mean, this isn't some kind of mini-adventure we're gonna take before the real mission starts." Henry said as he walked over to the hatch and bent down to see Alice enter her kurata. "It is now. Get on your mecha before I open the hangar doors and you get sucked out." Alice said, then closed the cockpit of her mecha. On the radio, the others were commenting him with "Go for it!"or "Get in before she roasts you" before chanting "Do it!" several times. Even Akio and Amari agreed that this was a good idea through the mindlink.

Finally, Henry agreed and got on his mecha as quickly as possible when the floor doors began unlocking. Once they were completely open, Alice dropped down first into the air with Henry right behind her.

"Ok, I'll let you go first!" Alice said on the radio before accelerating away. The next forty minutes involved both mechas fighting each other, flanking, dodging, hovering, etc etc. And, for Henry, it didn't fell that bad. During that time, while they were laughing and shouting in surprise, Henry was grateful that he had realized something: he had obtained another friend to trust.

After the practice dogfight, Henry and Alice went back to the airship and docked to get out and return to the ship's control room.
"Well, I have to agree it was fun." Henry said once his seatbelt clicked shut.

————————————————————————————————

Four hours later, they arrived at their destination: a very elevated island, which indicated that no human could get here except dragons. Many believed that dragons could have used this island that was the closest to the nest and others like these to rest in order to approach the mainland, so everyone agreed to be alert. It contained fields, waterfalls, thick forests, and beaches. A perfect place for dragons to hide.
One they landed, they let the second aircarrier guys out second after they let the dragons out and made sure they were hidden.
"Ok, so what's the introduction plan for the rest of the squad? And how do we convince them to hide this secret?" Alice asked as she got ready to open the side door.

"I think I may have an idea, but you guys aren't gonna like it. It's more, it may freak them out to death." Henry said as he started to develop a plan.