9

The next day~

Henry stared at his hand that touched the fur of the furred fury yesterday. The soft texture of its fur was so engraved in his mind that he almost forgot what he was doing at the moment on his computer.

[GROUP CHAT: DENIED] Henry sent as he dismissed the chat request from his classmates. He knew they were about to laugh at him about the crash with Alice, so he simply sent the message. What he was focusing now was on how was he going to heal the injured furred fury, without getting killed if the creature trusted him a small percentage.

There were a few options, so he went over them:
Surgery: how do you convince the doctor in secret to help the enemy? ❌
Wait until the wing heals itself: how long will it take until some drone or guy discovers the dragon? And how could it heal itself? ❌
Attempt to heal the injury by himself: make some sort of wing wrap/brace and a leg brace. Convince it with food so that it may let him do so? Maybe. So ✅

He had to identify the exact type of fracture he wing suffered before he could place the wing brace. Once he had that done, he would focus on the leg wound.
That was it: if he showed himself once more as a friend, maybe it will understand that he has come to help when he made the attempt. With that in mind, he went over to his computer and 3D printer to create a dragon-sized wing brace.

*intense 3D printing sequence later*

And so, buying as much fish from the market, Henry headed out with his bike mecha towards the lake.

     * * *

When Henry was about to reach the lake, he made his mech stop. 'Ok, think: how would the dragon react if it sees the mecha that it attacked again? Will it get aggressive? There has to be a way to warn her about me coming with my mecha.' Henry thought. Could a ringtone work? That could work, if the tone was friendly. When he found the right ringtone in his smartphone, Henry uploaded it to his mecha's external loudspeakers and lowered the volume to a normal level.
After everything was set, Henry played the ringtone as he got slowly closer to the lake.
—————————————————————————————
Amari's ears perked up as she heard the sound of large footsteps and an eire sound coming from the forest.

That is how it sounded.
Amari got up and growled, arching her back up and looking around for the metal giant. Sure enough it appeared on the other side of the lake, parting the trees aside too look at her. When it noticed her bare her teeth and puff her feathers up, it immediately said "Calm down! Its me!" as it raised its round metal hands in the air and backed up in a nonthreatening gesture.
"Oh, right. I forgot." the metal giant said, then it bent down as the chest opened...and out came the same human from yesterday.
'What the heck!?' Amari thought as she tilted her head. It's as if the metal giant was some kind of creature that served as an armor for humans. 'So this is how humans have been fighting.' Amari thought.
"I promise you, it won't harm you. Even if I'm outside or in it." the human said as he waved a hand at the seemingly-dormant giant. "Oh, and I brought you something." it said as he reached inside the giant's chest and pulled out two bags. The first bag was heavy because the human was having trouble carrying, so Amari came closer to him.
When she got near, the human immediately opened it and poured out tons of fish in front of her. "I never told you my name, did I? My name is Henry, if you can understand me..... Anyways, I got you salmon, tuna, cod, and a yellow-striped eel the butcher wanted me to have." the human said as he proceeded to open the second bag.
The fish smelled delicious to her! Amari sniffed the fish trying to decide which one to eat as her mouth watered. However, she growled/shrank back when she noticed and heard the word "eel".
"What's wrong?" Henry asked, picking up the eel. "GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!!!" Amari roared as she backed away. But the human seemed to understand the fact that she didn't like eels when he said "Okay! Okay!" slightly alarmed, then threw the eel as far away from them. Amari relaxed as Henry turned back to her with a sympathetic look. "Yeah, I don't like unagi either." Henry said as Amari dug into the pile of fish with great appetite.
———————————————————————————
Henry was surprised. The dragon didn't like eel! Surely it had to be true to every dragon.

Before he could build up a great plan to use eels in the battle dome, Henry quietly made his way beside the furred dragon and took out the wing wrap and brace to place them on the injured wing. When the dragon noticed his attempt, it simply ignored it and continued eating the fish. Henry exhaled and began touching the leading edge of the wing to search for any fractures. So far the wing was smooth, meaning that the wing bone was just dislocated. He gently wrapped the wrapping over until it was a cast, and then secured the bracer. Now the only thing left to do was clamp it locked so that it brings the bone to a reentrance position towards its slot.
"Ok....3, 2, 1..."

CLICK
SNAP!

———————————————————————————
A bolt of pain shot through Amari's wing as something clamped on her bones like organized needles.
"OWWW!!! GET IT OFF!!!" Amari roared as she stood up on her hind legs. Henry grabbed onto her neck with one arm and secured the wing with the other as he was lifted up and down when Amari tried shaking him off her.
"Stop it!! It hurts!!" Amari snarled, but the human hung on her for dear life. When it seemed that this was going to drag on, Amari shook herself one last time with all her might and flung the human to the pond. Henry landed with a splash, then immediately went up to the surface as he tried to float. Then Amari felt the pain on her right wing numb a bit as she calmed down.
The...thing that Henry put on her seemed to hold up her wing, seeming to be made to support her injury. "I can't believe it. You made this for my injured wing?" Amari said as she turned around to examine it while sniffing.
———————————————————————————

Henry got out of the lake soaked with water and dripping wet. When he noticed the dragon examining the wing brace with admiration, he said "Do you like it?".
When the dragon turned around to face him, it went over to him and nuzzled him while purring. "I'll take that as a yes." Henry said as he petted her snout. The only thing left to do was to heal the dragon's foot with the alcohol bottle and the leg brace. When he went over to pick them up, Henry turned to the dragon and said "So...would you let me do the same with your foot?".

* * *

Henry got home exhausted, with his shirt almost ripped off by the dragon's sharp claws. Thankfully they didn't penetrate enough to make him bleed. "Jeez, this dragon really doesn't like getting touched in the feet" he said as he laid down on his bed
Now he focused on how he was going to use the eel during the battle session. 'I may be able to sneak the eel past, but that may not be enough to scare the dragons.
'So how do I make it effective?' Henry thought.

...

Maybe he could make an artificial eel, or many, by designing them on his mecha as an intimidating weapon. With that in mind, Henry contacted Gideon to see which customization the school offered, so that he could use to paint them yellow striped.

"Hey, Gideon. Can you show me what customizations the school has to offer that are on my score level?....Thanks...................Oh, nothing. I just thought something may help me improve."