45

"Is she going to be alright? I'm starting to regret the bite that I gave her." Crystal asked her friend Amari in the morning. They were inside a sleeping nest, with Crystal curled around a sleeping Alice. She looked very tense in her sleep and was sweating. "She'll be fine. This happened to Henry when I bit him, but she will wake up in a few moments." Amari assured her.

True to Amari's words, Alice woke up after an hour.
"Hey there." Crystal crooned as she nuzzled Alice's face. She blinked hazily as she looked around after sitting up. "Did...did I die?" Alice asked in her human language. Crystal sared at her, then bursted into giggling. "|~No, silly. You're alive and healthy~|" Crystal tried through the mindlink. Alice's eyes widened in surprise, but later she relaxed when she remembered about what Henry explained about the mindlink. "|~I'm so glad to speak to you, Alice. My name is Crystal~|" she said.

"Crystal.......Such a nice name." Alice said.

—————————————————————————————
The plan had several risks, so they had to come up with several options of hiding the dragons upon their arrival to the mainland.

"Any other way we may make the dragon's invisible without blowing up the whole aircarrier?" Dr. Elias asked Henry as he paced back and fourth inside the control room of the aircarrier. "I'm afraid there isn't, because that's definitely going to cost our lives of we do a go-ahead for that. And a expensive aircarrier." Henry said.

"How about blowing up a hole in...no, that's not going to work either." Elias suggested, but later abandoned the idea. Except that gave Henry a reminder of what was near the coast. "Wait! What if we use the water drain tunnel of the landing plattaform!" Henry suggested. "The drain tunnels? I don't think that's going to work because of the limited time. If we decide to break into it." Elias said. "No. I know one entrance that is already broken. One time when I wanted to go out during dragon raids, I accidentally took a wrong turn and went into a flooded path, accelerated too much, and crashed into the net fence. That almost took me an hour to return to my original path. If I remember it's location correctly...it should be under the left side of the landing runway, which is connected to where the lake is. Best part: no one's gotten down there to repair it." Henry explained, showing the map of the runway tunnels on a screen display.
"Even if that idea could work, how do we get the dragons there in an inconspicuous manner?" Elias asked.

Henry smiled at him, and said:
"Let's set up the perfect "accident", shall we?"

————————————————————————————————

"I'm not happy about this. I can't even move my legs around." Fiskur complained from behind Hellfire. "I'm not...happy about this... either." Hellfire replied as all of them tried to shift into comfortable positions. "Ugh! Quit complaining, big dragonets!" Dawn growled. Akio and Amari's friends were quite literally squashed inside the carrier's holding room, right under the metal giants. Only Amari was on top of the room because she was assigned to do something that only her invisibility can guarantee the success of their survival.

Which, to her, was....the straight-forward definition of insane.

"(~Please remind me again what I'm supposed to do once we get there? Because this plan of yours is making me forget some things.~)" she mindlinked Henry from where she stood. Alice must have asked the same question about how the plan was going to almost kill them all, because his mind seemed to give out a frustrated reply to Amari. "(Like I told you; you will turn invisible when I give the signal. Once I open the door, use all your strength to climb out and over the wing while I slow down the aircarrier. There, you will use your plasma blast to destroy the engine from the front. This will seem as if the engine components failed and it exploded on its own. That way we could land —or rather crash— near the shore of the landing platform. Once there, you and your friends will swim out while I open the broken net of the water drain tunnel. Sounds simple? Or risky?)" he explained.
"(~I'd say it would be highly insane, but I'm ready to follow you any time.~)" Amari replied.

————————————————————————————————

(Hours later~)

Henry breathed in and out for comfort as Alice signaled the tower for landing clearance.
"[Aircarriers 7 and 3, you are cleared for landing.]" the man on the radio said as both aircarriers approached the runway. "Roger." Alice radioed back. Meanwhile, Henry was delicately calculating the distance and altitude to signal Amari when to begin the planned "accident".

More lower....

A bit lower......

Just a bit lower....

Aaaannnnnnddd......

Before they reached his planned mark, Henry wasted no time pressing the switch to open the side door of the aircarrier. "(Go, Amari! Climb up and shoot the engine!!!)" he shouted through the mindlink. After a few seconds, they heard the scraping of claws against metal as Henry sensed Amari climbing her way up the airframe and over the wing of the carrier.

And that's when hell broke loose, just as planned.

POW!!!
KBOOOM!!!!

There was an explosion on the right side that shook the entire aircarrier. That meant that Amari has succeeded in shooting the engine. Henry and Alice looked at each other and nodded. "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! OUR NO. 2 ENGINE HAS EXPLODED AND WE ARE LOOSING THRUST!! REQUESTING WATER EMERGENGY LANDING!!" Alice shouted on the radio. Meanwhile, Henry mindlinked Amari to return back inside and tell everyone to brace themselves as he prepared to open the hangar floor doors. The aircarrier shook from side to side as one side began to dip downwards. "[Confirmed! You are cleared to land on water!]" the tower man radioed them. Henry opened the drop doors as soon as they were mere feet above water. "(Brace yourselves!)" he mindlinked to Amari and the other dragons. They obeyed when he felt Amari and the others climb on the mechas and tighten their claws on whatever they could hang on to. Henry, Alice and Elias held on as they braced themselves for impact

SPLASH!!!

The aircarrier shook tremendously as it smashed into the hard waters of the coast. The ones in it held on to their belts until it all calmed down. Without wasting any second, Henry unbuckled from his seat and went into the hangar, with Alice following behind. Elias took the escape door on the side to warn them if any of the emergency teams were nearing the underside of the aircarrier. The water was flooding the aircarrier's hangar quickly, so Henry and Alice took flying leaps to their mechas. The hatchlings were asleep inside the air-supplied package that was designed to go into water was inside Henry's mecha, so the parents felt calm when they felt his brainwawes relay that he was going to lower them down. Once that was done, he quickly closed the cockpit.
The dragons were getting freaked out, flaying their wings and splashing from one side to the other while Amari and Akio were trying to calm them down as the water rose. "(JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND FOLLOW ME!)" Henry thought as loud as he could as he and Alice pressed the detachment switch. The dragons and two mechas dropped down into deep water and got out of the hangar fast before the aircarrier sunk completely underwater. "I'm alright up here. The emergency team is coming in fast, so hurry up and get the dragons into the water drain tunnel now!" Elias said on the radio.

Just as he remembered, the damaged water tunnel as right below them. And better yet; the fence net has been left without repair.

"(Ok, you guys. In you go! Quick!)" Henry mindlinked all of the dragons as he used his mecha to pry open the wire fence with ease. One by one, the dragons swam into the tunnel as quickly as they could, with the last one being Akio carrying the package that contained the hatchlings in his mouth. "Close it quickly. The team is right above us!" Alice radioed Henry. He closed the tunnel again and helped Alice's mecha so that both could rise up. Grappling hooks locked into their mecha's limbs, meaning the emergency team has arrived to their aid with their rotorcrafts.

Once up on the surface they were lifted out of the water and lowered onto the landing platform, where they were greeted with cheers from many of the hangar personnel. None were aware of what the two have done moments later, which meant their attempt was a success.
"That was some plan of yours that went well." Alice commented from the radio.
"Thanks. I just hope the other plan succeeds as well." Henry replied as they opened their mecha cockpits.