13

The next day, Henry woke up with a sweaty face and body.

'Am I dead? Is this heaven or hell?' Henry thought as he slowly got his head up and looked around. The first thing he saw was the dragon's head sleeping soundly on his stomach, with the rest of its body curled up against the bed. When Henry shifted a little bit, the dragon woke up and opened its reptilian eyes."If you bite me again later on, I'm gonna kill you myself." Henry wheezed weakly in resentment as the dragon lifted its head and yawned. He then got out of bed and went to wash his face in the bathroom sink.

Suddenly, he heard a ringing noise. The sound wasn't completely from outside of his garage or anywhere inside the home, but from inside Henry's head. Then the ringing noise became louder and louder until Henry couldn't support it. He collapsed and clutched his head with his hands, trying to stop the noise.
Then he heard a different type of ringing noise originate from inside his head, then the noise slowly stopped. "(~H-h....he....llo~)" a female voice said inside his head.
When Henry got up and looked around, he noticed the dragon staring directly at him very intently. The look on it was...astonished, almost the same as Henry's because he didn't know what was happening.

"A...a-are you....doing this" Henry stammered as he started to breathe heavily. The dragon tilted its head, and the voice said "(~A-A.....ma...ri~)".
Henry couldn't believe it: the voice was coming from the dragon! It has got to be some sort of telepathy like someone with fictional superpowers, but...how did it suddenly pop out of nowhere? Could it be....?
'Was it the biting that made this possible?' Henry thought to himself as he looked down and started to unwrap the bandages on his arm. When he finished, he noticed that the would had completely healed itself. All in one night? How was this even posible?

"Is...Amari your name?" Henry asked the dragon as he tried to calm himself from freaking out. A moment passed and the voice said "(~...Yes...~)". The dragon then stood up and came closer to Henry "... My name is Henry...Henry Haddock, if you didn't get to understand when I first told you my name" Henry said, calming down a bit. "(~I did understand...and I like the name you have~)" the dragon mind-linked. Then Henry felt an emotion wash over his mind and body. It felt...energetic, which meant that the dragon(he was certain that it was female, now that the realized the type of voice) was pleased and happy. "Thanks." Henry said, smiling a little bit.

. . .

"Listen...Amari...I gotta go to get you some food, so I'll be out of the house. Could you wait here, not go anywhere and not touch anything until I come back? Although you haven't since you first came." Henry explained as he got closer to the dragon and gently placed both hands on the dragon's snout. "(~Of course...I'm still sleepy, so I'm gonna doze off for a while until you come back. Also...thank you for healing my wing, even thought I didn't know what you were doing at first.~)" Amari mindlinked Henry before yawning and laying down the floor to curl up and lick her paws.
"Alright." Henry said he headed towards the garage door, got his wallet and keys, and exited his house after locking the doors. Henry thought about how he was going to keep the dragon fed just about enough since everything was more expensive these days, but he thought about figuring it out later and if he was lucky enough to find something cheap.

So he headed away from the house and towards the nearest market he could find.

—————————————————————————————

'Ok, he's out of the house. Now to get in.' Dr. Elias thought as he waited until the teenager was out of view. Then he used a passcode unlocker to disarm the door lock. However no sign indicated that the house alarm has activated or had been turned off, confusing Elias at first but later he relaxed as he remembered he programmed his device to give him a window of a few minutes.
The one place that Elias noticed where the teen's mecha would be was the garage. Sure enough, there it was as he opened the door using the passcode unlocker once again. The garage was medium sized, with a desk and countless tools hung on the walls.
Elias felt something off, like he was being watched by an unknown presence. But no one was there, so Elias shook that feeling away and bent down to crouch and examine the underside of the seemingly motorcycle mecha. There, he noticed the snake heads poking out and inactive. Elias was about to take a closer look at their internal structure when he heard growls coming from behind him. At first he thought it was a guard dog that was the one watching him. But when he got up and turned around slowly, he realized he was very wrong.

Standing a few inches from him and bearing its teeth was a furred dragon, ready to kill him.
—————————————————————————————

The peaceful trance of thought that Henry was having, during the waiting period in line at the supermarket, was interrupted when his watch sounded an alarm. When Henry looked down, he noticed that this wasn't an appointment alarm.

It meant that someone has broken into the house.

'Oooh CRAP!!!' Henry thought in severe panic.
Dropping the shopping basket onto the floor abruptly and dashing towards the exit doors, Henry ran out of the market and headed straight back towards his house at full speed.