38

Amari was sure her return was going to surprise her friends.

It's more, her story and the fact that she has brought along Henry and Alice with her will be proof of what she will tell was the truth. She just hoped none of them would react harshly after she's done telling her story. Crystal would react in an insecure way; Hellfire would react in a heroic way; Fiskur would react nervously; the siblings, Dusk and Dawn, would react a bit uncontrolled because of their go-ahead personalities. Amari was sure they'd understand once she explained herself.

Amari found her friends curled up and fast asleep in the center of a coral cove surrounded by crystals, snoring soundly.
"(~Hey, um...Henry? Is it alright if you stay hidden behind the coral mountain for a moment? I'd like to explain myself to my friends and assure them you two aren't a threat.~)" she said. Henry's metal giant turned to face Alice's to explain what Amari meant. They obeyed by hiding behind the coral mountain in an inconspicuous manner. "Thanks!" Amari chirped happily, them went down to meet up with her friends.

The first one to wake up after Amari's presence was detected was Crystal the light fury. When she opened her eyes and saw Amari, her whole face lit up in exitement. "You guys, wake up! It's Amari! She's returned!" Crystal thrilled as she stood up and went over to wake the others up. Soon Amari was squashed inside the intense hugs that everyone gave her. They said things like:

"I'm so glad you are okay!"
"We've missed you so much!"
"What happened?"
"Are you injured?"
"How did you survive?"

"I'm alright you guys. I want to answer your questions all at once very much. But I want you guys to calm down first." Amari said

* * *

"...and so that's how I came back here." Amari finished her story. Everyone was pretty awestruck about what had happened to her the whole time she went missing.
"I can't believe something that awful happened to you." Crystal said.
"Are you feeling alright? Are the injuries still hurting?" Fiskur asked.
"The metal giants are the creation of humans? And you bonded with one?" Dawn said.
"Did you encounter and fight other metal giants?" Hellfire asked.
"Yep. That happened alright. Although I didn't actually fight them. Remember; two to three humans helped me and Akio. Speaking of which, I brought them along to introduce them to you guys." Amari said cheerfully as she fluffed up her feathers in pride.

Dawn, Crystal and Fiskur looked at each other before one of them said "You brought them here? Into the nest?". "Yes. Just...try not to overreact. They are a bit sensitive when they see hostility." Amari said. Hellfire puffed out his chest and said proudly, "They would probably run away once they see how strong I am!". Everyone just stared at him in disbelief. "Sorry." Hellfire apologized.
"Wait here." Amari said as she turned around and climbed up the coral mountain where Henry and Alice were hiding.

She let out a happy meow and flicked her tail at them as to say "It's time to come out". Henry's metal giant looked at Alice's and said, "Wanna come down?". "I think I'll stay here in case someone else comes." she said. With that said, Amari led her friend down and into the coral cove. Henry took careful steps before finally stopping and standing up to full height.

Her friends' reactions were more awestruck and a bit wary.

"Meet Henry. It took me a long time to trust him and the other one that didn't want to come down. But I promise he won't hurt anyone." Amari thrilled.
Some took small steps back, while others shifted around awkwardly.

"I believe you." Fiskur spoke from the group after a long moment of silence and uneasiness. As carefully as he could, Fiskur walked up to Henry's metal giant. Henry, in return, bent down slowly as to not spook him in order to take a better look at the fury. When Fiskur tilted his head sideways, the metal giant from Amari's human friend mirrored his action.
"Hey there." Henry said from the inside of his giant. After that, the chest opened and out came Henry slowly while taking off his helmet. He put his hand out to carefully reach out for Fiskur. The fury stepped forward and allowed Henry to place his hand on his snout. Henry let out a friendly chuckle and scratched under Fiskur's chin. The fury purred in content that he stood up on his two feet and started licking Henry in the face, earning a laugh from the human. Murmurs were heard from Amari's friends as they slowly started approaching Henry. "This is amazing!" Fiskur growled happily as Henry continued scratching his chin.

Amari caught her friend Crystal staring uneasy at Alice's metal giant, who was poking her head from behind the coral trunk. "Want to go and introduce yourself to her? I promise she doesn't bite." Amari said as she walked to stand beside Crystal. "It's ok. I'll keep my distance for now. But thanks, I'm more relaxed now." Crystal said.
Amari was about to turn around and join her friends when a smell stopped her. Something told her that some dragons were near, a Rumblehorn and some Razorwhips, along with others, and they were approaching fast. Except that the smell from the others was sign of one type of dragon that was very scary.

Ones that reeked of death and decay.

'Oh no' Amari thought with fear and uneasiness. Henry, feeling her fear, turned his head in her direction and asked "What's wrong Amari?". "(~I think we should leave. Now!~)" she said through the mindlink. "(Why? What's wro-)" Henry was about to say when several growls originated from above a coral platform. Amari and her friend looked up to see who were the dragons. Just as she thought, a Rumblehorn, along with three Deathgrippers and several Razorwhips, have landed above them and discovered the presence of the two outsiders.
And they didn't look happy.
With all the strength it could, the Rumblehorn let out a loud roar that meant "Intruder!!!" that spread out throughout the entire hidden world.
That roar alone woke every dragon up, and it was bad news for them.
"What the hell is that!?" Henry said in surprise and fear as he backed up and climbed into his metal giant. Amari turned around to face her friends and roared:

"RUN FOR IT!!!"