55

2 days later~

Darkness and warmth was what Henry felt when he regained his consciousness again. Then it turned into stillness and softness as his senses came back.
The beeping of a heart monitor and the smell of disinfectants told Henry that he was in a hospital room. In a medical bed to be precise. Henry tried remembering what happened the last time he was awake, only to be relieved that he was somehow alive after such hard battle. Right now he was a bit too weak to move any limb(his right leg felt weird for some reason), so he decided to rest for a bit more.

That was until a small breeze of warm air hit his face, and he tried opening his eyes a bit. The eyes were still trying to focus as something soft and furred nudged his cheek. "Ugh, come on. Give me ten more minutes..." Henry groaned as he weakly tried to shove whatever was trying to wake him up.
There a was a mental sigh that was heard inside his head, followed by another forceful nudge on the side of his face. "(~Wake up! I know you're alive~)" Amari's voice was heard.

Henry woke up this time, and he finally opened/focused his eyes. The first thing he saw was Amari as he smiled weakly. "Hey there, Amari." Henry said. Amari let out a happy purr as she leaned on the bed on her front legs to nudge Henry more. "I'm glad that you're alright too." Henry chuckled weakly as Amari began licking his forehead and cheek. Unfortunately, the furred fury nudged him so close that her front paw stepped on Henry's right foot.

And that's when the pain started.

It was more intense than when Amari bit him on the arm. Henry sucked in a breath and tried to force the gasp of pain from coming out as he clutched his right leg. Amari immediately got her front legs off from the bed, startled. Henry paused for a moment, then slowly lifted the blankets that covered his body. What he saw was his right leg was inside a leg brace, meaning that his leg was broken. 'Oh, that's why.' Henry though as he sighed and examined the brace more thoroughly. Amari sat oh her haunches and crooned in question.

"....It's okay, Amari. It'll heal in time. Just like your wing did." Henry said genuinely to his dragon friend as he petted her snout. After a moment he sat up and looked around the room. Elias was sleeping on a chair with his side laid next to the other medical bed, sleeping soundly. And Akio was curled up on the other side of the room wall.
Then Henry spotted a pair of crutches leaning against the other side of the room. As he started to get up, Amari went to the other side of the bed to stop him. "(~I...really don't know if this is a good idea. Your leg is still broken, isn't it?~)" the furred fury said through the mindlink as she nuzzled Henry into going back into bed. "Don't worry. I got this." Henry said as he began standing up. He began limping a bit so that he wouldn't use the broken leg. It seemed to work well, until he took the third step that another bolt of pain caused him to fall over. Luckily, when Amari heard the gasp of pain, she ran towards her human friend to catch him in time. Henry sighed as he smiled to his dragon, getting back up to his feet by her help. "Yeah, I know. Gotta take it easy for a minute to get used to this." Henry said as he took the crutches and placed them under his arms for support.

Before he could go to the table to get a drink of water, there was a knock on the door. That woke up both Akio and Dr. Elias from their sleeps.
Puzzled and curious as to who was knocking the door, Henry slowly made his way towards the covered window. "Um...I don't think you should—!" Elias started, but he was late because he struggled getting himself up quick after a long sleep. When Henry opened the curtains, flashes of light blinded him temporary. After the eyes focused, he saw a dozen of news reporters taking lots of photos and videos. Amari backed up, scared as to the large amounts of people and blinding flashes. Henry closed the curtain abruptly, processing what he just witnessed.

"What's happening?" Henry asked Elias. "Word got out, and now everyone wants to hear from you. Even though we tried to tell them that you may not agree for an interview, that didn't stop them." he replied, looking at the window that overlooked the outside. Henry made his way to the window and opened its curtain. When he looked down, he saw a multitude of people; reporters, their vehicles, journalists, and police officers. There were other people trying to get through to the hospital building, but they were blocked by Simon's squadron mecha's and Henry's as well. And, a few bystanders, were situated a couple of meters because they were wary of the other dragons perched on top of the mechas, even though many were just below them.

Henry, seeing this, slowly closed the curtain as he tried hard not to be noticed. All he managed to say was:
"....Ok. I was not expecting this to have grown THIS quickly."
"What were you waiting for, then?" Elias asked him.
"This was supposed to be more slowly, but instead it spread fast. If this goes on...then most of the people won't like it." Henry said, having second thoughts all of a sudden.
"Why is that?" Elias asked.

"There are still people that hate dragons...and dragons that hate humans. This change so that dragons can coexist with humans must be taken gently. WE humans must change our ways so that dragons can see our good side. We must help them. And for that to happen....we must separate our dragons to the mainland...until we change. I don't know if there are other people like Jonas. But if there are, they may do even worse things to our dragons. Even worse if they discover the mindlink ability." Henry explained.

"...I understand now. And I will support your decision." Elias said.
"Thanks. I'll talk to the squadron later on." Henry said as Amari curled up besides Akio.