7

Akio the night fury felt anxious.

He was heartbroken that Amari was shot down and probably killed, but another side of his mind told him that his mate was still alive and out there.
Akio was sitting down on one of the rock mounds that separated the waterfalls down to the hidden world, staring out towards the horizon. 'I saw her...but she has to be alive. Otherwise I wouldn't doubt about it.' Akio thought as his tail flukes twitched again and again.

The train of thought was interrupted when Crystal the light fury and Hellfire the tri-hybrid night fury flew out of the entrance and came to Akio.
"Listen, I'm so sorry for what happened to Amari. This was unexpected." Crystal said to Akio, trying to comfort him as she placed a white wing over him.
"That's right! No one knew she would be taken do—" Hellfire tried when Crystal bapped him several times with her talon in an attempt to shut him up.
"Stop it!! Don't make him more guilty!" Crystal hissed.
"No. It's no that. I feel that she's still out there, alive and with no way to escape. I must go back there again." Akio said as he stood up and stretched his wings out.
"Wait. Back there? It's impossible! You'll die if you come near it." Crystal said.
"I have to try and find—" Akio said when he stopped and sniffed the air. He smelled the exact scent of metal and fire coming closer from miles on end.
The metal creatures were coming again to attack.

"Crystal! Take my kids to the farthest side of the caverns! Hellfire! Go warn all the dragons! They are coming back for a counterattack! Hurry!!" Akio said as he flapped his wings and ascended towards the clouded skies as quickly as possible.
"On it!!" Hellfire shouts as he dived down the entrance.
"Where are you going?" Crystal asked as she flew to hover before returning to the hidden world.
"I'm gonna sneak past them and try to find Amari! I'll come back as quickly as I can!" Akio roared as he flew right into a stormy cloud.
He glanced back one last time to see the tail tip sink back down into the entrance. Once he charged up with enough electricity, Akio cloaked and sped up just as the metal birds and hover whizzers came close and passed right below him, without noticing him.

Once they were clear of sight, Akio became visible and continued flying.

————————————————————————————————————

The next training days were becoming...intense for the students in the battle dome. For example: the next training day was confusing when the mechas found themselves spread out on a metal-walled maze.
"Hey, Gideon! I just happened to notice the dragon wikipedias had little to nothing about night furies. Is it because they're difficult to study? Or is it because the new information gathered is still—?" Henry was asking to the hanging robot when a stream of fire pierced and melted his mecha's rocket hammer, throwing him off in surprise.
A blue dragon, a Deadly Nadder, dived down to him and perched itself on a maze wall, then stepped down and screeched as it charged at Henry's mecha. ["Focus! You're not even trying the slightest bit hard!"] Gideon's voice said through the hanging robot. Henry wasted no time and drove out of the way, taking sharp turns around the maze.
["For lesson #2 today: ATTACK. Nadders are quick and light in their feet. Your job is to be swift and agile to avoid getting burned. Their magnesium fire WILL melt even the toughest of resistant armor, so you better watch out!"] Gideon explained.
Henry made another sharp turn when the Nadder switched targets and turned its attention towards another mecha. It readied its spikes and threw them at the mecha, which turned out to be Fernando's yumboro as he shouted over the radio. ["Maldita sea!!! I'm beginning to question your teaching methods, señor!!"] Fernando shouted as he tried to shake off the spikes embedded on his mecha's shield.
["Look for either it's weak spot or blindspot. When you find it, hide in it and wait to strike at the right time"] Gideon explained.
The twins were busy trying to escape the dragon like Henry, while Scott and Alice were searching for a way to pin down the dragon with rocket fire.
When they did find it, Scott's kurata shoved aside Alice's firing attempt while saying ["Watch out, baby. I'll take care of this"]. When Scott fired a missile, it missed and crashed behind the Nadder. ["Nice try, idiot"]Alice said as both dived aside to avoid the Nadder's magnesium fire.
Then it charged at them and Alice drove off backwards while firing bullets at the dragon. The Nadder was trying so hard to catch up with the kurata that it toppled every maze wall around the battle dome.
["Henry! Look out!"] Alice's voice shouted through the radio, but her warning came too late as both mechas crashed into each other. The Nadder was charging at them, so Alice had no choice but to rip off the shoulder armor off of Henry's mecha and swung it to the Nadder's jaw.
The metal struck the face and sent it backwards, making the dragon give up and retreat as it shook the metal bits off its snout.
["Good work, Alice. You get extra points."] the loudspeakers said. However, Alice wasn't proud. She turned to face Henry's mecha that was getting up, opened up her mecha's cockpit to come out, and said, "Is this some kind of joke to you? This war will soon become ours, so figure out which side you're on.", then went back in and drove away.

'But what if I choose another side?' Henry thought as he got up.