12

Amari wasn't sure what she had done but the human was extremely excited.
He kept petting her head and talking to her, his voice a bit higher than usual and his eyes more bright. All Amari was concerned with was grooming her fur to get all of the dust and twigs off from the trip when he carried him to his home den here.
'Ah, that's the reason why. I've disappeared.' Amari thought. That must be what Henry was all excited about. It hadn't occurred to her that the human had noticed her do that before. She had just been concerned about hiding away from what Henry feared was another human, one that was both a friend and a foe at the same time. To the rest of the confined space she was in, Amari's fur changed in a matter of seconds. She wasn't entirely invisible, but her fur suddenly turned her transparent all the way through so it seemed as she wasn't there at all.

Having to groom herself later after taking care of his new companion, Amari looked at the young human. Henry stared at her expectantly, mouth opened and once again high pitched excited words poured fourth. Amari couldn't speak fluent human, but she could guess exactly what the human wanted: to see her disappear once again so he could witness how it happened.

So she began to disappear.

After all of the time Amari had spent practicing how to cloak to evade getting spotted, she could vanish just as easily as she could fly or run. From the small happy sound Henry let out, Amari knew it had worked. As quiet as possible, Amari went on all fours and carefully walked around so that she was right behind Henry. Then, she reached out with her nose and gave him a gentle nudge on his leg.
"Aw, you moved! Hey, that's not fair!" the human said, chuckling.
Hearing this noise, Amari grew bolder and no longer scared. Once again, Amari moved towards the dormant iron giant and climbed up, careful to keep quiet and not make noise so that Henry couldn't find her.
"I'm gonna find you~" Henry said as he moved around, trying to find her. Hearing the playful tone in his voice, Amari pounced on the human, careful not to put all the weight on top of him. "Gotcha!" Amari chirped, giving the human a playful lick on the face as a sign of victory.
"Yeah, you got me." Henry said as he wiped the saliva off his cheek. Then he stopped, and sniffed at her fur. A couple of moments later, the human sneezed. Amari's fur on her neck fluffed up in humor and heartwarmth. That was one of the cutest sounds Amari has ever heard the human let out since she first met him.
—————————————————————————————————
'I think this dragon needs a bath' Henry thought after he sneezed when he smelled the scent of the dragon's fur. The furred fury was covered with small dry leaves and small twigs, along with patches of dirt. Not to mention the strange smell of salt and other weird scents.
"I think you really need a bath" he said as he pried the talons off from him and stood up, heading over to the storage bin. He opened it and took out an inflatable pool, which he filled with water after he set it up. Next, Henry got two bottles of shampoo and the water hose ready, the furred fury observing from a distance everything he did. At last, Henry turned to the dragon and approached it.
"Listen, I don't know if you can clearly understand me but you have to just come here and get in the pool. That way I can wash you with soap and water." Henry explained, making the dragon tilt it's head to the side. The dragon got up and followed him to the pool, then sniffed at the water with caution. Then it slowly got in and laid down. "Wow. Great! Now I'll just wet you first and place soap later—" he began as he was surprised the dragon understood when it suddenly dipped its head in the water, then rose up and shook itself as water spread through it's feathers and fur. The water also sprayed on Henry, soaking his shirt and jacket.

"...ok. Now for the real work to begin." Henry said as he placed soap on the fur and readied the spray hose. When the water sprayed on the dragon, it suddenly got scared and ran away from the pool.
"Oh come on! It's not even cold! Don't tell me you're a scaredy cat." Henry said as he tried to lead the dragon back and spray it some more. After so many attempts and finally washing the dragon completely with soap, Henry dried the dragon with a heater fan. When finished the dragon looked like a flufffed-up brownie, making Henry smother a giggle. Karma got him when he slipped on a sponge and landed on the pool. The dragon gave him an amused smile, also producing a sort of deep laugh from its throat.
"Ok. I think you'll be clean for at least one week" Henry said as he stood up and got everything back into place and the floor dried.
(music ends)

After that he began working on another project that involved checking the pressure of the wheel leg pneumatic cylinders of his mecha.
For some reason, the pressure gauge read low when he charged the cylinder to its full capacity. 'What the hell? Why is the gauge reading this? Is it faulty? Or the cylinder doesn't have that much air?' Henry thought as he checked around for any kind of damage. There wasn't any, so he decided to open the valve. That was a mistake that could have been prevented as the pressurized air escaped and the valve cap flew out. The cap missed Henry's face, but it made a small, perfectly clean, cut on his right arm. Henry jumped up and cried in pain, then sitting down as he clutched his arm tightly. "Owww...that hurt" he moaned as he got up with a small-bleeding arm. The dragon's ears perked up and its head shot up, being suddenly wary. Then it went over to Henry and sniffed at the wounded arm. "It's ok. It's not a big deal, just a small cut." Henry explained to the dragon as he showed his wound to it. The dragon examined it for a moment, then started licking it with its flat forked tongue. Henry reeled back, getting away an inch and saying, "No! Don't do that. You're gonna infect it with your saliva". Henry must have said something else with his alerted tone, because the dragon suddenly pinned its ears down and growled.

Then it lunged at his arm and bit on it with its deployed teeth.

The pain that embedded on his arm was nothing like he had ever experienced before. Henry screamed out in pain as he struggled to pry out the dragon's jaws off his arm. As if it sensed Henry's deep pain, the dragon let go of his arm and backed off, looking guilty.
"AAGH!! What the heck was that for?! It HURTS! Now you've infected me with god-knows-what-kind-of disease you have!" he yelled at the dragon as he clutched his right arm. The dragon gave an apologetic croon as it approached Henry once more, but Henry said "No! Stay away!" to the dragon as he backed off and immediately went to the bathroom. He tried washing the saliva off the wound that was still bleeding with water and alcohol, but it didn't wash off nor was affected by the alcohol. After many attempts, Henry gave up and wrapped the wound with linen. A few moments later, he felt a little nauseous and dizzy.
'Great. I'm gonna die.' Henry thought as he puked on the toilet.
——————————————————————————————
Amari was so worried about what she had done. Has it gone too far? She was only trying to heal the wound inflicted by the accident, and then she only wanted to tell Henry to hold still. But that was the moment when she bit on his arm too hard, which is what Amari regretted. Now the human was pacing back and forth, looking weak and depleted of energy.
"Look, I'm sorry but I was only trying to help you. I think the biting part went too far, but would you forgive me?" Amari rooed as she looked up at the human. Henry seemed to look at her for a moment, then suddenly collapsed on top a soft rectangular platform, tired, and unmoving. "Please forgive me." Amari crooned as she went over to Henry and rested her snout on his chest.

'Please don't die.' Amari thought as she dozed off, listening to Henry's heartbeats as she curled up around him.