49

Dr. Elias has been given a readmission request. Again.

This time it was more worse than he anticipated, now that the truth had been brought to light. First it was the blood tests that would be conducted before the fighting capability test. Yet, he felt that Jonas may do something to alter it. He didn't know when his cover would be blown after denying the fact that he knew about the dragons beforehand, so Elias was being extra careful about his behavior as he read the papers while walking through the aisle.

"So, how are you feeling Elias? Excited that you have been brought back into the job to work on your favored study field?" Jonas said behind Elias, placing a hand on his shoulder. Elias jumped at the touch, but later relaxed and said "Yes, a bit. Now I can study these creatures up close and see what they're made of." with the most camouflaged enthusiasm, hoping he would sound as he was finally given the opportunity to do so.
"I like to hear that, doc. In a few minutes we will be needing you in the lab, so you may wanna get prepared" Jonas said to him. "Oh, right!" Elias said, and hurried towards the room where he would get his mask and medical vest. After that, he headed towards the other room.

That was where the two furies were being held, all chained up so that they would remain still. It pained Elias to see them this way, especially when he felt the sadness of his friend Akio.

'I'm sorry, you guys. It's our faults that you two were caught.' Elias thought to himself as he got closer to them and pretended to begin visual studying, touching the glass with one hand towards them. Akio must have heard his mind when Elias heard the night fury say "[~Its not your faults. It's ours. We were so eager to help Henry, and yet we still got caught.~]". "(~It was worth it though. I always dreamed to see what the outside world was, and I'm happy that I got the chance to do so~)" Amari said in the mindlink, purring happily. Dr. Elias was so touched by this that he almost forgot what he was pretending to do.

Afterwards he went inside to start examining Amari, then took notes on his pad and spoke about interesting findings to the important people that were in the other side of the room. Frankly, Elias saw their faces as if they were bored out of their minds and wanted to go out but couldn't afford to leave.

From the other side of the room, Jonas and other personnel were watching intently how the studying went.
Now came the blood test, which was going to be carried out by another doctor. The man went over to the cart and took out a syringe for the blood, then walked over to where Amari was restrained. When the man inserted the syringe on the dragon's neck, the furred fury yelped and roared in pain from the needle. However, Dr. Elias heard a scream come from where Jonas and the other people were at the exact time the man inserted the needle. It came from the room's security camera panel where Henry was being held.
"Dr. Elias...I think you may want to come over and take a look at this." another person from the other side said on the microphone.

After getting undressed from the lab equipment, Elias went out and into the other room. There, the people were looking at the security screens on the desk with concerned looks. "What's wrong?" Elias asked them. "The kid stared acting up like something was hurting him in the neck." Jonas said to him as Elias looked down at the screen. There, it was shown that Henry had fallen over while clutching the back of his neck in pain with his hands cuffed. Two men entered the room where the kid was and started examining what caused the pain. Elias sucked in a breath as the camera showed that Henry wasn't faking the neck pain. It was as if the pain was in the same area where the needle was stuck on Amari.

"What do you make of this?" another man asked Elias. He was silent, trying to seem as he was fitting the clues together about this occurrence for the first time.
"Not sure exactly, but......it seems as if the dragon and the kid are connected." Dr. Elias said in response. The men around him glanced at each other with disbelief and surprise. Even Jonas looked wide awake at this. "How is this possible?" another man asked. "Two possibilities: either the dragon infected him with a bacteria, or the dragon injected venom into his bloodstream. I need to get some blood samples from the boy to confirm this" Elias explained to them.
One of the other doctors said "I'll go do it.", then went out with another syringe. After a while, the security camera screens on the room showed the doctor enter the room and gently take a blood sample from Henry.