16

"Her mate? Are you serious!? I can't believe it's a pure night fury!" Dr. Elias whispered with pure excitement as they both observed the two dragons interact and make noises, most definitely how they missed one another as he felt how she was was feeling through the mindlink.
The peaceful moment of reunion between the two was cut short when the wrench on top of the bike mecha suddenly decided to slide off and fall on the ground, with a huge clanging sound. The night fury's head shot up and looked in the direction of the sound, growling. Then it noticed Henry and Elias hiding behind the mecha.

"Crap." Henry cursed.

The night fury stood up on his hind legs and roared at them with teeth deployed, spreading out its wings to full length in a display of intimidation. Then it charged at Elias with such speed that it looked like a blur of darkness.
The dragon knocked and pinned Elias down, but before he could bite the head of the doctor off Henry picked up the wrench and threw it at the fury's head. "Hey!! Leave him alone you pile of scales!!!" Henry shouted, drawing the attention of the night fury towards him. Normally he would lure something this dangerous outside of the garage, but this time he felt more braver than any moment in his life.
"Yeah, that's right! Come at me!" Henry said with challenging hand gestures. The night fury snarled and left Elias to approach Henry. Then the dragon charged at him. In response, Henry skidded aside and gave a strong left hook at the fury's head, knocking the dragon off course. For a brief moment Henry felt as he had more strength in him as his eyes temporarily glowed bright green, then returned back to normal.
But that didn't hurt or stop him from swiping his tail at Henry's feet, knocking him over. "Henry!!" Dr. Elias shouted from behind the bike mecha, looking around frantically to search for a tool he could use as a weapon to distract the dragon.

The night fury was about to fire his plasma blast at Henry when a brown blur knocked the dragon over and pinned his head down. It was Amari, and she didn't look happy. The night fury snarled, but Amari boxed him across the face several times while hissing aggressively to shut up.
"Thanks....so much" Henry groaned as Elias went over to help him up.

———————————————————————————

"What are you doing?! Get off!! I'm trying to save you!!" Akio snarled. "I don't need saving right now!!! I'm fine!!! They are not a threat to you or me!!!" Amari hissed at Akio. "What??" Akio said, getting confused. "You heard me! They are not enemies! They are my allies!" Amari growled as she got off of him once it was all clear to Akio. He stopped and looked at the humans, who were backing up a bit, and back at his mate Amari.
"Please don't harm them. They helped me. If you kill them, I don't know what will happen to us without them." Amari reasoned.
"How do you know for sure they are your allies? And what did they do to you to control you?" Akio asked. "They aren't controlling me. They are healing my injuries. I could have died if I was left alone, but he helped me." Amari said, gesturing her injured wing and leg to Akio, then to Henry. Her mate examined the plastic cast on her wing and leg, then turned to face the two humans who were standing still on the other side of the room. 'Please don't be mad at them and attack, Akio.' Amari prayed as Akio sat in front of them and stood still for a moment. He was still in a state of disbelief that his mate was fine and with these humans, but later logic set in and he managed to calm down.

...

"I thank you for saving my mate's life, but I will still keep my distance." Akio said. The two humans looked at each other, as if trying to understand what he and Amari were saying, then Henry looked at Amari with a confused face.
"Oh right, they can't fully understand you. But I think they can hear our thoughts when you direct them to them." Amari explained to her mate. "They can hear our thoughts? How?" Akio asked. "It's kind of a long story. I bit him a while ago and now he can talk with me using his inner mental voice" she explained to him.
"So...I just...force a thought to them?" Akio asked, to which Amari replied "Try to see if it works with you".
A moment later when Akio directed his head towards Henry, a very loud ringing noise was heard and a loud "(~THANK YOU!!!~)" boomed inside Henry and Amari. However, the mindlink ring changed into a lower pitch that hurt Henry's head. He gave out a shout of pain as he clutched his head and collapsed on his knees. Then the noise faded.
"Henry!! Are you okay?" Amari roared as she rushed towards her human friend, the other human reaching out to help him up.
A small trail of blood leaked out his nose. Henry understood her when he said "I'm fine. I guess it only works with you, not any other.", getting up and wiping the blood with his thumb.
"How did you do all of this? I have so many questions that I want to ask you after all this time you went missing." Akio said to Amari.
"I'll explain. I just need you to stay calm when a human approaches you. These two are the only ones that won't do harm to us. If we don't do as we are told, I fear that there is no guarantee that we may return home safely." Amari said as the two furies sat down to talk.
——————————————————————————————
"Are you sure you are fine? You look like....I don't know what to describe it after this happened...internally hurt." Dr. Elias said as he put a hand on Henry's shoulder.
"Nah, I'm fine. Really. I just need to wash my nose." Henry said, going over the sink to wash the blood off.
After that, Henry asked the doctor about what he would think if both could make a saddle for Amari and upgrades for his mecha that were more pacifist for the dragons once they learned more from the furies. "I think I could, but we have to keep both that and the dragons a secret somewhere else other than in this garage now that we have a night fury. Any other place besides here?" Dr. Elias said. "I think the lake in LI could be another place, where the dense trees would cover up both of them perfectly." Henry said.
"Excellent! So now we could start designing the saddle and those upgrades now." Elias said.