40

D̸̞̼̪͉͇̦̯̤̙͚̙̓̂͛̽̇̀̾̇ͅ ̸̛̼̺̦̭͇͉̀̈́̓̊͐́̽̓̓͌̆̒͆̀̄͝I̸̧̼̰̪͙̝̲̬̬̪̬̬̩̙͉̟̔̅̀̓̍̐̿̾̇̓̎̊͗̄̎͘͝ͅ ̴̥̣̱̃̔͗͌́̋̀̅͘͠͝E̶̢̡̤͜͜͝

That word alone sent shivers down her whole body.
"Oh no...his vitals are going off the chart!" Elias breathed out from Alice's side as he observed the vital monitoring screen readings spike upwards alarmingly. Whatever Henry was about to do was surely going to scare her.

Because he was about to go ballistic.
——————————————————————————————
From Amari's perspective, it all happened in a matter of moments.

"Crud." the Deathgripper whined. Without warning, Henry's metal giant threw back his hand, then swiped a punch at the Deathgripper that injured Amari with blinding speed. It sent the dragon flying off, right into a cluster of stalagmites and crystals. The hand whizzed past and came back to its normal place in the arm.
When Amari looked at her friend, and how his face appeared, she felt....scared.

"KILL IT!!" a dragon roared from behind. Deadly Nadders flew up into the air and started flinging their spikes at the metal giant. Amari jumped back and hid herself behind a stalagmite. Henry, on the other hand, seemed unfazed by the spikes that either bounced off or embedded themselves into the metal hide. Once Henry got mad enough, he made his metal giant pull out a long metal stick that it carried from behind. It was a weapon.

He aimed...and fired.

CLICK
RATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Streaks of fire and metal erupted out of the opening of the weapon, hitting the Nadders that hovered above. Blood stains spewed down as the wounded dragons collapsed. A group of Gronckles came up from behind and fired their molten firebursts, but Henry eveded them. In response, the antennas on the head lowered to aim and the shoulders opened to deliver their weapons. The Gronckles stood no chance as metal streaks and flying bombs hit them and blasted them from out of the air. Each time a dragon flew down to fight Henry, he or she was met with several blows of the metal shield, streaks, bombs, or brutal punches and razors.
Amari stood up to try and focus on Henry's mind, but all she sensed was uncontrollable anger and rage that the Deathgripper venom has inflicted on the body.

"Henry!" Amari called out to her friend, but he didn't stop or couldn't hear her over the fighting. The dragons, now wounded and scared because of the carnage, started to retreat back into the safer depths of the nest. Even so, Henry continued firing his weapons to the dragons that retreated as his mental aura became more uncontrollable.
"Henry!!" she called out again. Still, no reply.
"Henry, please!!! STOP!!!" Amari roared loudly. Henry whipped around to face her, letting out his own dragon-like snarl. "Please..." Amari crooned sadly, sitting down in her haunches.

After a long moment, Henry's face softened and his eyes returned to their normal color. He made his giant drop the weapon down and collapse to his knees. The damaged chest opened, and out came her human friend. He collapsed to the ground, exhausted and sick from the venom's effects that he clutched his stomach and vomited. It wasn't just that; it was blood and the actual venom that got injected that he vomited. This alone Amari could imagine: her friend struggling to survive and refusing to die by trading a personality that wasn't normally his own.

Henry groaned in pain as he tried to sit up and look around. Amari took careful steps to approach him, but when he noticed her attempt to do so he flinched and backed up.
"P....please....Don't come close." Henry wheezed out. "(~It's alright. You're fine. I can see that you remember me.~)" Amari purred as she carefully nuzzled Henry's face.
"(No....It's not that. Don't you see?...I hurt so many of your kind.)" Henry said as he began to cry.
"(~It's not your fault. It's theirs. They didn't want to listen to us at all.~)" Amari said, then used her snout to help Henry up to his feet. Henry weakly placed a hand on her neck...and began to cry more.

The moment didn't last long as Alice's metal giant walked close and took Henry up with a hand. "We need to get out of here. They may have retreated, but I'm not sure if they will come back with reinforcements." Alice said. Henry went silent.
Ignoring that, Alice placed Henry inside and came over to his giant to pick it up. Then she connected the metal wires that hung down from the center of the waterfall to their backs. Once that was done, they got lifted up to the carrier and departed.

Amari watched them go, saddened. She had an urge to follow them, but Akio got there and stopped her.
"Wait! You can't follow them. What if he goes crazy again?" Akio said. "Are you serious? 'If he goes crazy'? Didn't you see what happened? I know you want to be close to protect me, but he got tortured by the Deathgripper's venom and stopped because of me. So I want to be there for him. Do you have that little faith on him? Or on any other good human?" Amari countered with a voice that sounded close to a growl.

Her mate stood silent.

"That's what I thought....Well...I'll go check on him once he gets well, then I will come back. If you don't want to come with me, it's fine." Amari said. Then she spread her wings and flew off to follow them.