28

The start of the test was intense.

Instead of veering off to a more better angle of attack, Henry increased thrust to accelerate towards the opponent machines. Alice and Fernando followed behind him in formation.
Before they could react, the drones and mechas were firing their dummy rounds and missiles at them.
"Scatter!" Henry shouted to his teammates as he pushed hard on the controls to dive and dodge the incoming firing while the other two dodged to the sides. The g-forces squashed Henry like cotton candy as he made his mecha dive and pull back up, skimming the sea water a bit.
"Crap!" Henry exclaimed as he turned around and leveled up. The lock-on warning blared again as a Flag came flying towards him. It delivered its dummy rounds while getting too close, then it took out a vibrating knife to puncture one engine from Henry's flight unit. "No you don't!! Take this!!" Henry shouted as he increased the throttle, turned the control surfaces of the flight pack, and blasted upward and aimed his rifle below.
["What!?"] the pilot said in surprise. The Flag had no time to react as Henry aimed his rifle and sprayed paint rounds to the opponent machine, static electricity marking several hits on its wings and frame. With that done, Henry turned around and headed higher into the cloud-filled sky to search for more targets as he tried to catch his breath. He spotted Alice swinging her axe as she was dealing with both a Flag and a Beta mecha while hovering. Scott, Travis and Rachel were on the ground trying to get clear shots at the Mobile Drone along with the Fjalar crafts. They had difficulty to counter the drones as these did well on the ground and in the air. Plus, the more advanced weapons intimidated the pilots to make them stall and get hit. Fernando was in the air firing his dummy rounds, flares, and missiles in all directions as he was trying to escape the Manta drones in mid-pursuit.

["Mayday mayday mayday! Henry! Alice! Anyone! I need backup trying to get a clear shot at these guys!"] Fernando said with a strained voice. "On my way!" Henry said as he dived down and readied his rifle. He took aim, locked on, and fired at the drones once he came out of a cloud, but before the rounds hit the drone did a maneuver and evaded them. ["Stop! Don't get too close!"] Elias warned him on the radio, but his warning came too late. The Manta drone then folded its wings inward and spread out its engine feet, stopping in mid air and pulling up harder than anyone could manage to perform. "What?" Henry said as he looked up. As an instinct, he pulled back to try and evade the dummy sidewinders. However, because he couldn't handle too much g's, two hit him: one on the left leg and one on the right wing. The paint delivered a static's shock around the frame, surprising Henry.
["Henry!"] Fernando shouted in dismay as one of the flight unit's engines shut off and sent Henry into a downward spiral towards the sea. ["Henry...you're hit. I...I think that meant you didn't make it. I'm so sorry."] Elias's voice said, clearly showing the same amount of defeat that Henry felt. "I...I know. And it's fine" Henry replied.
'This can't be. Now...the Mobile Drone will be mass produced to combat the dragons. And....and I...' Henry thought as he neared the ocean more slowly, letting go of the controls as he tried to take in what has happened and what all of this may bring.
"(~Don't give up! Tell them to give you another chance! It's not over, isn't it?~)" a voice suddenly rang in his head.

(Use minute segment 0:00 - 3:11)

'What the-!? It...it can't be!' Henry thought as he looked up and around him. A thud shook his mecha as something landed on him. Two green eyes peered at his mecha's visor upside down. The rest of the body was entirely transparent.