42

Actually, another problem surged: the other dragons. How were they going to hide them?

———————————————————————————————

Scott piloted his kurata down the slope through the forest as he continued to patrol the perimeter.

Afterwards, he headed downwards through more steep slopes and eventually reached the safety of the flat ground. 'Man. What a peaceful island it is.' Scott thought as he looked around.
Suddenly, there was a flapping and crashing noise from behind the trees. Scott turned around just in time to see a four-winged night fury the color of fire and charcoal rocket out form the trees. It spotted Scott's kurata and reared up to spread its wings and spew fire skywards as a challenge.

Scott shouted "Holy crap!!!" in surprise as he nearly made his mecha trip over. But as soon as he regained his composure, he sneered. "You wanna fight, don't you? Ok then. Let's see if you can beat me! There's no defeating me with my customized kurata and my mace!" Scott announced as he deployed his large mace and leveled it to be pointed at the dragon. The four-winged fury snarled as it stood on all fours again.
"Ready to fight, aren't you? Well, prepare for your demise! Because Scott's gonna crush your—" he was about to finish when suddenly the dragon lunged forwards and bit on the mace. Then it started to pull back hard while growling. "What? No! You're not stealing my beautiful mace like that!!" Scott shouted as he piloted his kurata to tug the mace on hand back from getting taken away.

The two were involved in an intense tug-of-war moment before the handle suddenly snapped off. Both fell backwards from the sheer force of the separation. The four-winged fury stood up again and charged at Scott's kurata while giving out a roar. Scott backed up and yelled "OH NO!!! I'M GONNA DIE!!!" as he covered his face with his arms.
He felt the dragon barrel in and pounce on the outside of the cockpit, but nothing happened after that. When Scott opened his eyes, he found the dragon looking at the kurata's visor and...smiling? Then it bent over a bit and began licking the visor in a happy manner.
"Oh, you wanna play?" Scott asked, realizing that the dragon wasn't fighting anymore. He got an idea as he let go of the broken handle and stood up to go over to pick up the other end of the mace. The four-winged fury watched Scott's kurata expectantly. "Ok, then. Let's play!" Scott said as he threw the mace piece up towards the sky. In a matter of moments, the dragon flew up to tackle the mace.

And so the two began to play.
—————————————————————————————
Travis was patrolling the east side of the island, near where his sister was positioned.

'Man, this is boring. Another minute and I might stress myself out.' Travis thought to himself as he sighed.

His thoughts of making an excuse to return were interrupted when his yumboro's sensors detected something moving a couple of meters from where he was standing. "What's this? A dragon? It's probably alone, so that means I can make my move." he said as he took out the revolver pistols with the mecha's hands and proceeded to walk slowly towards the location of the dragon. The ground became a slide as he got near, which would send Travis and his mecha into a wall of clustered trees. "Eh, so what? Trees aren't gonna stop me." Travis said. Before he reached the cluster, he made his yumboro jump. When he landed, whe quickly aimed his pistols and said "Hello! Pleased to—" before he suddenly stopped.

Nothing.

"What? I swore it was here." Travis said as he surveyed his surroundings. The attack came from behind as something big pounced on his mecha from behind. Travis struggled to get whatever was attacking him off from the mecha, and he soon saw in the cockpit screens that something was trying to disable his arm from behind. A night fury, the color of navy blue, was trying to distract Travis from actually aiming behind while growling. "Hey! Get off my back!" Travis shouted as he made his mecha reach behind. But the dragon was quicker than him and somehow knew what he was about to do as it suddenly jumped down and grabbed one of the pistols with its mouth. "Oh no! No you don't! No one touches my precious!" Travis said as he swung a mecha arm at the fury, but it dodged around and lunged for the second pistol. This time it swiped a talon where the other pistol was holstered and ripped it off, tossing it far away from them. Now, Travis was in a disadvantage point with no weapons at all.