51

Sure enough, Jonas was in there, trying to delete all the proof in Elias's usb in a hurry.However, Elias wasn't going to let the man get away with it.

"Hey! Hands off my work!" Elias shouted as he stepped into the data control room and aimed the pistol at Jonas. He turned around, seeming as if he expected for him to come in. "I believe it's too late for that. And what are you going to do now? Kill me? You'll be killing the most important person in this place." Jonas said, motioning to the dashboard and screens and then to the gun. The memory in the usb overpassed 70% of deletion, meaning a bit of the most important data was about to be deleted.

Elias hesitated for a moment and said "I didn't say I was going to kill you. However, I'll do this.", then quickly aimed at Jonas's leg and pulled the trigger.
The bullet pierced the man's leg, causing him to fall over and let out a yell of pain.
"That's for sending a doctor to kill my partner." Elias said. Then he went over the dashboard and cancelled the deletion process to begin the recovery protocol. While he was at it, he felt a warning from Akio about what Jonas was doing.

Apparently, he was reaching up and picking a large wrench. Elias knew what Jonas was about to do, so Elias let a message for Akio to protect him. The night fury ran into the room and knocked the tool off from Jonas's hand before he had the chance to interrupt. The man collapsed and backed up as the night fury approached him with teeth bared, ready to kill Elias's attacker. Yes, Jonas was responsible for doing all the bad things to the dragons. But Elias didn't want any more killing involved.

So he said to Akio, "AKIO! Stop. We're leaving." The night fury looked at him, understood his reasoning, and backed away from Jonas. After the data recovery was finished, they left the room in a hurry.

——————————————————————————————

Jonas was awestruck.

They left him wounded but alive, and he felt that was an opportunity for him to delete all evidence.

'Fools. They think they can get away? They're very mistaken.' Jonas thought as he managed to get up and limp towards the dashboard to type access codes. He knew that sending out the project was not authorized yet, but he was determined to let it off the leash to deal with the nuisances and face the consequences. With this fight that was about to ensue soon, he was sure that the drones could be accepted as the army's ultimate weapon of extermination.

[PROCESSING...]
[LOG ON SUCCESSFUL]
[AUTHORIZATION GRANTED]
[UNIT LAUNCH WILL COMMENCE IN T-MINUS: 00:20:00]

————————————————————————————————

Henry and Amari were waiting behind a weapons room for an opportunity to get on his recently-repaired mecha. There were still other pilots that were heading out to intercept the escaped dragons, so they had to wait a while.

Elias and Akio came from behind, then spotted where Henry was and headed there.
"So? What's the plan to escape?" Elias asked. "There is still one pilot that has to leave, so we mustn't run at my mecha yet. Although...I believe you must take another vehicle." Henry answered, spotting a pilot-free vehicle. "Which one?" Elias asked, and Henry pointed at a four-wheeled tank. "Take that one and bring Akio and Amari with you. It's equipped with sensory control gloves, so you should be fine." Henry said.

After the last pilot left, Henry took this chance to run as fast as possible to his repaired mecha with no mechanic technicians spotted around. He climbed up quickly and closed the cockpit, but when the screens turned on he saw Amari run from the hiding spot to climb his mecha. 'Oh no! Amari! What are you doing??' Henry thought as one of the technicians spotted the furred fury and sounded the alarm. Within moments, armed men came and started shooting at the frame of Henry's mecha.