6

'A dragon will always — always — go for the kill.'

"So why didn't you?" Henry muttered to himself as he picked a cover plate from the broken missile. He was back at the same location where he encountered the furred fury.

'Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance to blast away my mecha's chest? Why did you rake your claws and flee when you could have dragged me out and slaughtered me?' Henry was thinking to himself as he checked around for any signs as to the direction were the dragon has gone off.
Brown dried blood trails marked that the dragon has gone off deeper into the woods, and Henry followed. He brought along the pistol that his father gave him in case the fury decided to attack. Also, the mecha was left in his garage at home because Henry thought that might scare or anger it. Time went by and Henry continued to follow the blood trail until it stopped in a clearing with a lake.

Henry sighed and said "Welp, guess it took off. This was really stupid." in regret. When he turned around, he stepped on something soft. When Henry lifted his shoe up, he noticed that he had stepped on a brown feather.
A LARGE brown feather, to be exact. When Henry picked the feather up to examine it, there was a snapping noise from the trees a few meters in front. Something large swoops above him and falls behind him near the lake. Henry flinched and immediately hid himself behind a large bush, breathing heavily as he loaded his gun. There was a piercing roar of pain that came from behind, and Henry peeked his head out from the bush to see what it was.

It was the furred fury! It hadn't left yet! Henry tried to squash his excitement down as he took out his smartphone and started recording the dragon. The furred fury was flapping its feathered wings and limping as if it were injured very badly. Henry was taking photos while recording when he noticed why the dragon couldn't fly.
When he zoomed in the frame, he saw that the leg where the missile struck looked worse than when he pulled it out. Also, the right wing was hanging down in an odd angle. The furred fury laid down near the lake and moaned in pain, exhausted from trying to fly again.
'So that's why it didn't fly off. I've hurt it more than I though. It's all my fault." Henry thought as he looked at the creature with pity. A part of him thought that he should leave immediately because it may find him at any moment, leave it alone and never return. The other part, however, told him that he had to do something to help it, even if it meant helping the enemy. Henry decided to end the recording and head back, being silent with every footstep he took. He didn't go far when he accidentally stepped on a small twig. The snapping sound spread out loudly, and Henry turned around to face where the dragon had laid.

He found it staring straight at him.

It arched its back upwards, ears perked up and eyes narrowed. It just...stood there, staring at Henry with those green reptilian eyes. When he looked closer at them, he saw that the dragon wore a face of...recognition. When Henry tilted his head to the side, the dragon seemed to mirror his action. He feared that the dragon would attack him if he moved, but...it didn't. It just sat there, until Henry was out of sight.

It didn't follow him.

—————————————————————————
11:30 pm

That rainy night, Henry couldn't sleep at all.

He remembered the look that the furred fury gave him. Those eyes...they seemed to call out to him from afar, which he didn't know what it meant and seemed kind of creepy.
Getting out of his bed in the garage, Henry went to his desk and turned on his computer. Right now he was just going to read what he knew about the known dragons.

'" [Thunderdrum]
>This dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tidepools.
When disturbed, the Thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man and disrupt equipment at close range.
Referred to as Glen's Thorn named after the great warrior.

[Timberjack]
>This gigantic creature has razor-sharp wings that can slice through full grown trees.
These claws are very powerful, one claw can easily support the creature's weight. They have been known to rip through tough armor.

[Scauldron]
>Sprays scalding water at its victim. Enough to fry a pilot from the inside of its mecha.

[Changewing]
>Even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Can affect armor to a certain level.

[Gronckle]

[Hideous Zippleback]

[Skrill]

[Deadly Nadder]

[Boneknapper]

[Monstrous Nightmare]

[Speed Stinger]

[Terrible Terror]

[Snaptrapper]

[Whispering Death]

......

......

......

[Night Fury]

-Speed: approximately the speed of sound
-Size: unknown
>Known as the "unholy offspring of lightning and death itself", this dragon is capable of outmaneuvering the most advanced fighter jets. Can camouflage with heat and lightning manipulation. Never attempt to engage this dragon.

For your only chance of survival, retreat and hope it does not follow you."'

'If you didn't attack me, then I should spare you by keeping you a secret' Henry thought as he pulled out his phone to review the footage that he managed to capture.