Epilogue

5 years later~

Amari, Akio, and their hatchlings, Linna, Eclipse, and Swallow, along with her friends and a group of dragons, were flying towards the mainland as mist and fog laid before them endlessly.

Apparently, they were were going to the mainland to find out about many dragons that have gone missing. Ever since the news were brought out about the peaceful encounters with them and the humans, many dragons were curious about wether or not the story was true. The dragons that were eager enough went to the mainland, but only a few returned to the nest. Those dragons told stories of humans ceasing their attacks and actually welcoming the visiting dragons to their homelands. The rest of the dragons didn't believe them and said that the dragons that ventured out probably got killed because of the war still raging on.

So today, they were about to figure out if the stories were true.

Was it really true that the human world listened to Henry? Could that explain the metal creatures that came months ago to actually clean the black waters and give the dragons healthy fish? Of course and without a doubt, since they only came to help and didn't attack one single dragon.

The group from behind landed on a piece of abandoned land, while Amari and the rest continued forwards. They flew until they came to what appeared to be another land mass, this one with a toppling figure of a green female human, holding a flaming torch in the middle of a star-shaped hill, bent sideways and damaged by claw marks and fire burns. There were no signs of danger, so they landed there.

In front of them, a long distance from where they were standing, laid the home of the humans. Most of the homes were covered with large strands of clouds, but a few taller ones stood out from them.
"Wow! It's so big here! Is this where the humans live?" Eclipse chirped to Amari, bounding forwards a bit from her mother to take a better look.
"Yes. This is their home that I talked you about. You three were brought here once, though I don't think you remember much since you were little." Amari told her small hatchling as she nuzzled his wing.
"Did they hurt you when you first came here? Are they gonna hurt us when they see all of us here?" Linna asked Amari in a nervous tone.
"Well...sort of. But some of them helped us return to the nest. That taught me that not all humans are bad, and that we could trust them. Remember I told you three the story of Henry and the others? We became good friends. And I'm sure that Henry must have told the rest of his kind our story so that they won't hurt us." Amari said to her.
"When you first came here, did you want to stay for a bit long?" Swallow asked, shaking his grey feathers and fur because of the rain that passed.
"I...did, but..." Amari began, then began doubting.
"Yes, she did. But later we had to go because there were still bad humans there. Henry thought it would be best for us to wait for a while and then return so that the bad humans wouldn't hurt us." Akio helped, supporting her mate. Amari looked at him and smiled, thankful for his help.

A moment later of watching out for any movement while sitting down, Akio asked to Amari "Do you think he's out there getting ready to meet us?" as he sat down next to Amari. "I'm sure of it. Maybe someone will tell him of us." Amari said as she looked down to the necklace that Henry placed on her front paw/talon. That was the only thing that made her always remember Henry, her human friend.

Just when everything seemed to be calm, a sound interrupted their peaceful trance. It was the sound of a metal bird, but bigger.
The dragons stood up to look around and figure out where the sound was coming from when something caught their eyes.

A black shape pierced through the paper-like clouds that surrounded the human homes, fast and swift. It was definitely a metal bird, but the black color and shape was extremely different from the previous ones described.
The flying metal bird continued climbing, tilted its wings sideways...then dived down towards the dragons.
"Everyone! Back up now!" Akio roared at everyone as the black metal bird descended closer and closer. Amari's hatchlings and friends obeyed quickly by backing up as much as possible, getting ready to fight if necessary. The metal bird seemed as if it was about to crash into the land, but it suddenly unfolded itself and became another thing. It actually transformed into a metal giant. It unfolded and began to slowly descend to the island where the dragons were, landing with a gentle by heavy thud. Now with it being near them, they had a clear view of how detailed, and intimidating, the metal giant looked.

It was large and tall, with slender limbs, movable wings that folded in, a head that had two pointy ears with a golden face and a red eye.

The black metal giant tilted its head down, observing the dragons with a somewhat wary look. Then, after a moment, it began to slowly approach them with huge footsteps shaking the ground. The dragons began backing up slowly as the metal giant came closer to them. The metal giant had its look locked onto Amari, making Akio plant himself in front of her. He bared his teeth and growled loudly at the metal giant in warning, ready to lunge at it if it attacked. However, when it heard the growl...it stoped and retreated its step to stand straight.
The metal giant stood still for a moment before it knelt down and its chest began to open. From inside it, out came a human with a covered face. It looked down upon the dragons, studying each of their features. Then it spotted Amari, most importantly the necklace on her paw, and seemed to be surprised. There was a ringing noise inside Amari's head, just like the first time she...
"(Amari...is that really you?)" came the voice inside her head.
Amari couldn't believe it. That voice...

It was him!

"HENRY!!!" Amari chirped in joy, bounding over to Henry as he climbed down from his metal giant. She tackled Henry as he ran over to her to embrace her. She was met with waves of happiness and relief from his head, the exact thing that she had missed over the years
"I am so glad to see you here! How have you been? It's been so long since I've seen you!" Henry said with happy tears as Amari hugged him and gave him several licks in the face. Behind them, Dr. Elias climbed down and also got tackled by Akio. After a moment, they let go of their humans for them to stand up. Then Elias noticed the three hatchlings that were next to Crystal and said, "Henry, look! It's their children!". The three small dragons looked at each other with nervousness. Henry turned his head towards them and got very excited. "They've grown up so much since the last time I saw them." Henry said.

"Lina, Eclipse, Swallow, come here." Akio spoke to his hatchlings, gesturing to come closer to them and the humans. "That's right, it's going to be okay." Amari said. The three hatchlings obeyed and came close, being careful with their steps. Henry knelt down and held a hand to them. "He won't hurt you." Amari assured them. Linna and Swallow went slowly, but Eclipse was brave enough to go in front. He hesitated for a moment before carefully pressing his snout against Henry's hand. He smiled at the small dragon. The two others gasped and look amazed, coming closer to the human. "That's it." Henry said.

————————————————————————————————

Later on, Henry, piloting his Flag mecha with Dr. Elias, flew up into the air with the rest of the dragons. They did loops, turns and dives as they played in the air.
Amari got in front and sped up, leaving Henry behind. He, on the other hand, had a surprise up his sleve. Setting the mecha on autopilot and opening the pilot cockpit, Henry jumped out. Before he got too low, he activated his flight pack to soar up to Amari. She leveled down so that he could land on her back with no trouble.
"(~When did that happen?~)" Amari asked through the mindlink.
"(Just made it recently. Now I can fly anytime if I fall off accidentally.)" Henry said as he gave a gentle pat on her head. After all of Amari's children landed on his shoulders, something fast and loud shot past them, nearly blowing them off. It was Alice, piloting a Fjalar aircraft. She looked back and did a playful hand signal to them.
"(Let's go catch up to her!)" Henry said, and Amari gave a roar of agreement.

Behind them, a large group of dragons came out from the clouds.
Amari looked back at them, then turned back to look at Henry and asked "(~Can a few of them stay while the rest goes back to the nest?~)". Henry, instead of being shocked, was relaxed as he said "(Of course. They can either stay or go if they want. It's their decision, after all)". In front of them a few dragons flew above and close to the city, many that have become residents and were now living among humans peacefully.

The sight alone made Amari realize that the world was beginning to calm down, Henry felt her think.
Yes, the city in the horizon was proof enough that the time for dragons to return...

...has arrived at last.

~~~

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 4
NEAR HORIZON

~~~