43

For them, the squadron has bonded with Amari's friends quite quickly, establishing their own mindlinks by the bites of their dragons. The aircarriers were to depart tomorrow afternoon, so it gave Henry and Elias time to formulate a plan to hide the dragons on their arrival.
"(I don't know how you did this, but I'm actually impressed. Thanks!)" Henry said to Amari through the mindlink as he observed their friends. "(~You're welcome. Although...I think there's one missing...~)" she said.

* * *

Amari found her friend Crystal hidden in a tall bush near the clearing, observing everyone.

"Why are you doing hiding here?" Amari said as she came over to sit next to her. "I'm...a bit unsure if I did the right thing to follow you out of the hidden world. To be honest, I'm a bit scared." Crystal the light fury said.
"Scared about what?" Amari asked. "Scared that some things may have not changed in the outside world. My parents told me that many light and night furies were hunted down constantly in the past. What if it has continued on?" Crystal explained to her friend.

"Hey. I'm scared too. WAS scared before. I'm aware of that. However, I've seen many things change. I don't know if hunters still exist out there, but that doesn't mean that all humans are bad. I'm glad that I met Henry because he's one of the kind and caring ones to me and the others, including my mate who at the start didn't trust them. And I want you and everyone to know they can be good too. To be careful, we need to stick together so that no one is left behind. That's what's common between the two kinds." Amari said to Crystal. She looked at Amari and smiled. "You're right. Now I feel less afraid. Thanks for forcing me to get over my fear of humans." she joked. "Force you? Oh, hush! I'm just helping you." Amari scoffed happily as she boxed Crystal's ear playfully.

After the tussling, Crystal asked "Oh...I've been meaning to ask you: is the blonde-haired female right for me? Tell me more about her.".
"Well...Alice is beautiful, smart, and striking. Kind of like you. Except...she has a very strong personality, meaning it may take some time for both of you to realize each other's intent." Amari explained as she observed Alice, who was watching with Henry what the others were up to.

"Tell you what: Try approaching her this night when she's more relaxed. I'll talk to Henry right now." Amari said as she stood up. "Thanks again, for helping me out." Crystal said as she nuzzled Amari.
—————————————————————————————
That night, Crystal prepared for her close encounter with Alice.

'Ok, Crystal. Just relax and sneak into their nest and give Alice a friendly hello. First, camouflage yourself. She's not gonna get angry about that, right? I'm gonna surprise her in the best way possible! Nothing is gonna go wrong.' Crystal thought to herself as she flew above the island. Spitting out a plasma ball, she coated herself with fire and became invisible. The explosion was muffled because of the high altitude she was at, which meant that the other humans couldn't hear it because of it. Making her move, Crystal dived down and landed near where the metal giants were sleeping(or at least inactive).

————————————————————————————————

Some sort of sound woke Alice up in the middle of the night.

She was in her own personal tent like the rest of the squadron, though it didn't make her relaxed like she was told before.
'Why would Henry think it would be a good idea to sleep outside? Who knows what's out here in this island. If there are other dragons, would we survive? Don't think like that, Alice. There are other dragons on our side thanks to Henry. You should be thankful to—' she was thinking to herself when the sound of beating wings somewhere in the distance made her tense up inside her sleeping bag.

After that, she heard something land on the grass near where her tent was. The shadow of something big with glowing eyes passed by the tent, and the footsteps of that thing were coming closer to her tent. It was definitely a dragon.
Alice, now fully awake and sitting up, started to back up from the entrance of the tent towards the exit in the other side. She was thankful that her tent was placed under the legs of her kurata, because that's where she was headed.

————————————————————————————————

Crystal took careful steps as she approached the sleeping nest of the female human, which was unfortunately located under the legs of a metal giant. Noticing that the metal giant was either asleep or wasn't alive at the moment, she edged closer to the sleeping nest. Crystal sniffed carefully around as she poked her head into the fabric components of the nest in search for Alice.

But she didn't find the human inside.

'What? But I swore she was in here! Where did she go?' Crystal thought to herself as she poked deeper and sniffed around. Her ears then perked up as an electric humming and metallic noise began to rise from above. Making up her mind quickly, she bolted out of the nest and into the forest.

————————————————————————————————

The whooshing of air that sent the tent entrance covers flaying out nearly made Alice jump in her seat.

'What was that? It there such things as ghost dragons in here? No, that's not possible. It's probably using its own camouflage.' Alice thought to herself as she looked in the direction of the blowing wind(or whatever the invisible dragon was doing to make its location obvious).
"Ok, you can come out now. I'm not in the mood of beating someone up. Although I will be if you start attacking me for no reason. There, I gave out my warning." Alice called out through her mecha's speakers towards the forest.

No reply.

Although, a moment later, there was a rustling noise that came from a pair of bushes on the right side of the tent. Alice noticed a section of the grass seeming to move on its own, and she focused her visor towards the location. Two blue eyes appeared in front of the bush and started to come closer, seeming to float in the air. Then, the rest of the body materialized into full view in the spot where Alice was looking at.

It was a light fury.

"Oh. My. Goodness...Henry...you may wanna—" Alice began trying to contact Henry when the light fury growled at her mecha. Alice tensed up and took a step back, nervous that it may change its mind and attack. But instead the light fury calmed down and made a more softer growl. It was like it said "Keep your voice down! You're too loud." to Alice. "Oh...sorry." she said to the white dragon.
"Sorry about what?" Henry's voice asked from the radio. "It's a light fury. I don't know what it's doing here, but it is really got something to say about me." Alice replied.

At that moment the light fury made a crooning noise and flicked her tail at her, then turned around and went deeper into the forest.
"Now I get the feeling it's trying to say something more to me." Alice said. "Then follow her. Maybe she likes you. Me and Amari will follow you to ensure nothing goes wrong." Henry said as Alice noticed him come out of the tent exhausted from waking up.
Alice nodded and turned her mecha around to follow where the light fury was headed.