34

Yes. This stunt was going to scare the daylights out of his squadron.

["Can I ask you WHY are you out of your mecha while leading us? It's dangerous around here. We don't even know if there are any dragons here."] Fernando said from his mecha as he and everyone followed Henry. "If there were dragons here, they should have attacked us a long time ago since we first arrived 15 minutes ago. And, by the looks of it, there is no dragon in sight. Relax; I'm trying to enjoy the fresh air now that we're far from the city." Henry replied as he took in a deep breath, exhaled, and continued to walk through the forest as if he didn't have a care in the world.
["Seriously. How are you sure there aren't dragons?"] Scott asked from his mecha. "Ok. If nothing happens when I sing out loud, we continue on walking until we reach the location where we'll install the security cameras. Sound good?" Henry proposed as he suddenly stopped. All of a sudden, he started singing out loud with all the might his lungs gave him.

"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME THE SPACE COWBOY!!! SOME PEOPLE CALL ME THE GANGSTER OF LOVE!!! SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE!!! 'CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPETOUS OF LOVE!!!..." he went, his off-key voice echoing through the forest mountains.
["Dude! Stop it!"] Travis said, but Henry kept on going while his friends got very tense.
'Ready you guys?' Henry thought, and Akio and Amari replied "(~Ready!~]" from somewhere deep in the forest. After a while of singing, Henry subsided and stopped.

There was nothing.

No noise or any sign that a dragon was in the island.
"See? I told you guys that—" Henry began when something invisible suddenly yanked him off his feet and into the deeper side of the forest.
["OH MY GOD!!! DUDE!!!"] Travis yelled in surprise. ["AFTER HIM!!!"] Fernando shouted, and everyone went into the chase. As Henry got dragged and placed on Amari's back as she ran faster, she asked "(~Ok, now what's the next phase?~)". "Once we stop, you and Akio pretend you are eating me alive." Henry said.

A couple of moments later, they stopped and got ready. The rest of the squad arrived and couldn't believe their eyes.
For them, it seemed Henry was being slaughtered by the dragons. But in reality, he was being smothered with slimy licks.
["What do we do!!??"] Rachel exclaimed. ["Stand back! I got this! Hey! Scaly freaks! Claws off our man!!!"] Scott shouted as he got his mecha's mace deployed and ready to crush. In response to this, Akio and Amari turned around and roared threateningly in challenge. This caused Scott to drop his mace and scream like a little girl in a hilarious way.
Before the others had a chance to draw out their weapons, Henry got up immediately and placed himself between his squad and the dragons.
"Hey! It's ok! They're my friends. They won't harm any of you!" Henry shouted as he raised his hands up to stop them from shooting. ["What? No! How's that possible?"] Fernando said.
"I befriended them....actually, it's better if I explain the truth to you guys." Henry said.

* * *

"...so now I'm helping them get home." Henry finished explaining. "Ah...so that explains your weird behavior and improvements in the dome." Scott said. "And now I'm asking if you can keep it a secret. Please, no one can find out about this." Henry said. "Sure." Travis said instantly, and everyone nodded. "Really?" Henry said. "Of course. There's a saying back home that started getting popular: stick with Henry, and you'll make it. Everyone doesn't want to fight anymore it seems, and you gave us a good reason to do so now." Alice replied in a supportive way.
While everyone was listening to Henry, Fernando was petting the dragons and getting to know them now that all have calmed down. It's more, he started playing catch with them which made everyone laugh when Fernando got exhausted. The guy clearly got used to them quickly as he was noted to be an animal lover.

After installing the security camera probes on a cliff edge, everyone returned to the landing site and got out of their mechas.
Elias was monitoring the cameras, calculating the time remaining until they had to go into the nest. Meanwhile, Henry and Alice prepared the monitors.

"You think we're ready?" Alice asked. "If you mean we're ready to die, I don't know. If you mean we're ready to go in, no. We're never ready. But if we want to let them know the truth, we must do everything we can to do so." Henry said.

————————————————————————————————

As the humans were preparing themselves, Akio and Amari sat on a cliff edge. They stared at the darkening horizon, feeling exited. Well...almost.

"At last, we are home. Aren't you exited?" Akio asked to his mate.
"Yeah...I am. Do you think everyone will react well if we bring them into the nest?" Amari asked. "Let's start with the ones we know; like Crystal, Hellfire, Fiskur, Dusk and Dawn. Then we can continue with their relatives...if they have that much time." Akio suggested. Still, Amari seemed a bit worried. Taking note of this, Akio said "Don't worry, I'll make sure we all make this happen". "Thank you, dear." Amari purred as she leaned into Akio's shoulder.