21

The next few days passed by with Henry and Elias arriving with bags full of fish and then they would practice flying. There were a few crash landings along the way, but no one got injured. Akio, on the other hand, was getting used to Elias and finally understanding the relationship between Henry and Amari.

The two humans understood that both dragons wanted to go home, but they had to figure out how to do it without getting found out or shot and the perfect occasion to do it.
"Don't worry, we'll figure out a way." Henry promised one time.

After another successful practice flight, Henry was ready for the REAL flight. Henry was off that day and wasn't going to do anything back at NYC.
"Alright. Today's the day for the final test flight. Ready, Amari?" Henry asked her, to which she replied "(~Of course!~) through the mindlink. He could sense the excitement of the furred fury in his mind, and Henry smiled. Then they took off into the clouds and onto the open over the sea. Out here, no one could see them except Elias and Akio.

The sea breeze blew past them and under Amari's wings, allowing her to glide
"Ok then. Let's take this nice and smooth. How about we do a little fighter jet style flying?" Henry said as he patted the dragon's flank. Using Henry mind image as a guide, Amari flew left and right in tight turns. Then she went for a climb and a steep dive to imitate an aircraft. Though, this didn't impress Amari.

"(~Is that it? Let me show you how we furies do it!~)" Amari mindlinked Henry. "Wait. What are you saaAAAAAAHHH!!!" Henry shouted as Amari suddenly accelerated to her full speed and flew even faster. Then she dived down towards the sea, only to pull up just in time to level both of them above the water's surface. During the flight, Henry felt emotions wash over him; Amari's emotions to be exact. They were a mixture of joy, freedom an the feeling of thrill. When he looked around him, he saw everything. There was nothing that compared flying on a dragon than on a real fighter jet or a simulation. "That was...Amazing! Let's fly higher!" Henry shouted. Amari granted his request by climbing higher into the sky with all the wing strength she had. Soon they were above the city, with the sheer joy of flight still gripping both of them.

———————————————————————————————

This time it was better; Amari was able to share the emotions with someone else that wasn't a dragon and couldn't fly.
"YEAH!! GO GIRL!!!" Henry shouted. Amari could feel his excitement coursing through her human as both climbed higher into the sky.
"This is amazing!!! The wind...in my......" Henry voice began to drop and become weaker when he began to slowly topple back. Then his weight disappeared from Amari's back and there was an unlocking noise from the safety strap. Then it began to come clear when she couldn't sense her human's energy anymore:

Henry has fallen unconscious because of the lack of oxygen, and he was now falling!!!!

"HENRY!!!" Amari shrieked in alarm. He was going to plunge into his death! Twisting back with all her might, Amari tucked her wings in to dive down. But the twist made her wing sore again and she lost control of her flight. As she fell past, Henry finally had gotten oxygen in his lungs again and tried grabbing onto the saddle, but Amari tumbled at just the wrong moment and sent him spinning away from her. Still trying, Amari saw Henry trying to get above her again to grab on to the saddle. "HANG IN THERE!! JUST HOLD STILL!!!" Henry shouted as the ocean became more visible and nearer every second.

Finally, Henry reached again for the saddle and pulled himself on.
Henry quickly secured himself and pulled back as hard as he could. Amari opened her wings and pulled out of the dive, but they were still descending too fast. "(~I CAN'T SLOW DOWN!!!~)" Amari roared aloud and through the mindlink as her sore wing strained in pain from the wind. "Hold on! I got something!!(Oh I think I'm gonna loose my arms)" Henry said as he pulled something from his "backpack". All of a sudden a white circular clothing burst out of his pack and unfolded, slowing them down. Amari heard Henry grunt as he held on to her and tried to not let go with that much weight. After a few seconds, both landed gently on the seawater near the shoreline.

The next moment they were dragged out of the water by Akio.
"Henry!! Are you both alright?" Elias shouted as he rushed over to where Akio placed him and Amari.
"Whew!....What a ride." Henry breathed out as he and Amari both laid in the sand, exhausted.