3

The fire gel melted the turret fully, causing it to explode. Meanwhile, the rest of the dragons that entered the city were fleeing, with whatever livestock they managed to take. Everyone wat he'd in awkward silence as they watched the dragons fly off and head back in the direction where their nest was located.

Henry then decided to break the silence by saying, "Ok, but I hit a night fury". Simon, his father, made his kurata grab Henry's mecha and drag him away. "Dad, please! It's not like the last times! I really hit one down! You guys were all busy and I had a clear shot! It went down just off a couple of miles into LI! Let's get a search party and-" he explain when his father shouted ["ENOUGH!"] as he made his mecha turn around and face Henry's mecha, shutting his son up. The mecha that belonged to his father shut down and opened up, his father stepping out of the cockpit and pulling of his helmet to reveal his stern face. Henry did the same in order to face his father.
"Just...stop it. Every time you walk outside disaster strikes. Can't you see that all of us have bigger problems? We had 40% of livestock in our storages and the dragons just finished taking almost half of it!". Henry thought for a moment and said "Well...we can try rationing a little bit of meat, don't you think?". "This is not a joke, son. Why can't you simply follow orders and stay inside your home?" Simon said. "I can't just let you guys fight on your own while I can help! I'm tired of laying around and doing nothing when I have the ability to lend my support!" Henry explained. His father sighed and said "I know that you're trying to be a soldier and a pilot. But you can't go out because you're not ready yet."
After that his father ordered sgt. Gideon to escort Henry back to his home.

***
5:30 am

"I really shot that dragon down. My net missile worked as planned. It was flawless." Henry said as he and Gideon drove through the desolate highway.
"Of course you did. I believe you." Gideon replied.
"You don't believe me. No one else like you and your buddies does. If you guys don't wanna go out for a search, good. Fine by me."
"Sometimes I feel you work yourself too hard"
"I work in the same level as you guys, only I do the hard work while you guys make fancy new weapons/upgrades and brag about it. But it doesn't matter, because I know how to take care of myself."
"See, that's the problem: there's the soldier way, and then there's......your way. That's what makes grown men uncomfortable."
"Speaking of uncomfortable, I'd like to end this conversation so that I could rest a while."

The two arrived at Henry's garage, and Gideon spoke one last time to Henry. "Just stop trying to become something you're not." he said. "I only want to be one of you guys." Henry said as he closed the door. He waited until Gideon's kurata was out of sight. Then he lowered the door to the water drain tunnels and headed towards the LI highway shortcut with his bike mecha.

______________________________________________

Dr. Elias Argus was walking down the lab aisle, carrying papers and a brief case.
He was quitting abruptly because of a horrible sight. What the scientists here were doing wasn't just developing better fighters or robots to combat against dragons. They were creating something horrible that will kill them. And also implant nightmares on both dragons and people.
This wasn't what he signed up for: he wanted to study the creatures about why they kept attacking them, not find out their weaknesses and killing them.
Argus wanted to do something about it, but he knew he couldn't. Any attempt would get him into serious trouble.
He stopped in his tracks and hid behind a door when he spotted Lt. Simon Haddock, a man he has seen a few times while he worked a few times on the military department. He was reading something on his cellphone, a message that made him uncomfortable.
Right at that moment, sgt. Gideon, another man that Elias got to know thanks to Simon, went to him and asked "Is there anything wrong, friend? I mean, sir?".
"It's HQ. They spotted Henry, my son, attempt to bring down a night fury. They've noticed his net missile, and now they want to recruit him in a battle training school. I'll tell them that I'll decline their offer." Simon explained. "Wait. Don't!" Gideon said.
"I'm being serious, friend." Simon said.
"So am I! Look, you can't just continue to restrain him. Henry is getting tired of it and you simply ignore him." Gideon pleaded.
"If I let him go, he'll get killed when he faces his first dragon alone."
"He won't get killed because I've finally realized that he's a hard working kid. I know it sounds frightening, but he will be killed when we let him out at the wrong time.............You know what? I'll be his teacher in that school. Once he learns how to fight properly, he won't make a single mistake. So what do you say?"

.......

"Alright." Simon said.

'Henry....Simon's son. I better visit him sooner or later' Dr. Elias thought as he walked out of the room inconspicuously and headed to the database room to begin his search.