22

[YOU HAVE BEEN QUALIFIED FOR UPGRADING YOUR MECHA AND DESIGNING YOUR OWN FLIGHT PACK FOR TESTING AGAINST THE AIR FORCE AND THE NAVY PROTOTYPE MODELS]

[CLICK LINK TO BEGIN DESIGNING]

[FURTHER NOTE: THERE WILL BE A REVEAL EVENT ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT 8:00.]

...

"What the HECK is this?" Henry muttered to himself as he read over the email in his computer. Apparently the battle school was making preparations for some sort of field test that involved some of their prototypes to be versing against them. And when they meant them, they meant him and his teammates against the big leagues it seemed.
'Ok then...lets see if I can put my creativity to the test.' Henry thought as he cracked his fingers and clicked on the link.
———————————————————————————

After two days of nonstop work, his mecha and flight pack were ready (well, the flight pack and upgraded parts design were ready. Now he needed to send both the link and his mecha to school so that they could start making the parts.). Henry's mecha wasn't changed that much; just a little details on the head and a few surprises that didn't affect the balance-to-weight ratio.

The flight pack was powered by four Thermal Transition Thrusters, referenced to the "Alie pack" from a fictional robot that Fernando offered him as a suggestion

The agility upgrade and the maneuverability of the pack, along with a shield as an optional armament, looked promising

Now he needed to send it to the school. But right now he was exhausted.

•••

"(~You seem...exhausted. Are you alright?~) Amari's voice woke him up from his nap. "Huh? Wha?.........I'm ok. Just a little tired after so much work." Henry said as he stretched in his seat and yawned. Amari tilted her head and asked "(~What kind of work?~)" as she came over to sit down closer.
"Designing a flight pack. It allows my mecha, or as you guys call it "iron giant", to fly. And it also gives it a boost in combat." Henry explained. To show what it looks like, Henry activated his hologram projector to show a 3D display of the final design.
"(~Boost in combat?~)" the furred fury echoed as she stood up and examined every angle of the display.
"Yep." Henry said proudly, but then stopped when he felt the dragon's emotions go from curious to a little aware and scared.
"(~Are...are you gonna use it to fight dragons?~)" she asked in a sad tone. Henry realized with a start that maybe he was starting show his bad side, the side all soldiers had.
"I....I don't know. Because I'm going up against others that have more advanced ones. They want to see which one has the better advantage in fighting both on land and air against dragons —especially furies. But...I don't think all of the models will have that chance afterwards, because you furies will always come on top..........hmmmm.......Now that I think of it....this model may not be a match for you guys after all. It will all be for nothing, since I know how to pilot this machine and others will have a hard time doing so. If they name me to further develop it after my model wins, maybe I can make it less effective." Henry explained, hoping to make it all clear to his friend.

Still, Henry felt that Amari seemed uneasy.

Henry sighed and said "Don't worry. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to you and the rest of your kind. Because you showed me that you dragons aren't the vicious monsters we think you guys are. You guys are intelligent and gentle. And I'm glad that I met you.", then reached out and hugged the dragon's neck.
Amari was confused by this gesture and asked "(~What is this?~)". "It's called hugging. It's a way to express affection to one another." Henry said. The gesture worked, calming the dragon. "(~I guess I'd say the same things for you guys. You really aren't heartless monsters. I can see we are alike.~)" Amari said, purring.

* * *

"I'm heading towards the reveal event. You want to come, doc?" Henry asked as he opened the garage door.
"I...I think I should have explained this earlier...but I'll go with you." Elias said, standing up.
"What? Is there something wrong?" Henry asked.

. . .

"Yes, there is. I'm not allowed to say what exactly they are going to reveal until they do, but I'm not certain if you are going to like it." Elias explained.
"What is it?"
"What the engineers are building....they aren't building a better robot or aircraft. They're making a weapon."
"What sort of weapon?" Henry asked as he stepped outside.
"A weapon that is automated...the engineers are trying to figure out a way to kill dragons more violently than ever before. And I'm sure they are making more than that.

A nightmare."