39

"(~RUN FOR IT!!!~)"

Henry knew there was no time to hesitate any more seconds.

"Alice! We're getting out of here! NOW!! Contact the rest of the squad to pick us up with the aircarrier!!!" Henry said as he quickly closed the hatch and grabbed the control sticks to start running. The dragons jumped down with mighty thuds and broke crystal shards and corals as they began to chase the mechas. Amari's friends scattered away to avoid being trampled by the rampaging dragons. Amari, on the other hand, followed close behind while trying to catch up.
"Contact Elias now!" Henry said to Alice. She did, asking "Doctor Elias! Where the hell are you!?". "I'm here! I got something important to-" came the reply from the doctor after a few moments, but Henry cut him off by saying "Now's not the time! Escape now, explain later!".

Suddenly, as Alice and Henry were climbing up a crystal mountain, the same rhinoceros-like dragon that sounded the alarm came close and sank its teeth into one of the legs from Henry's mecha in an attempt to bring him down. At the same time, a metal-scaled dragon dove down to pounce on him, but Alice jumped down and used the flat side of her rocket axe to bat the dragon square in its jaw. Henry made his mecha kick the dragon biting the leg several times with the other while leaving tire prints until it let go so he and Alice could escape. The rhino dragon fell down while the metal dragon collided with another one of his comrades.

But they were far from safe, because the entire population of dragons have been alerted, and they were coming after them.

As they continued running, they finally found Elias and Akio running towards them. Elias was about to speak, but Henry gently but quickly grabbed him so that they could all escape. Meanwhile, Amari and Akio were desperately trying to tell the dragons to stop chasing the two mechas, but they didn't listen to them. "They're not gonna listen." Henry told himself.
They neared a coral edge near the exit of the nest and there the two pilots engaged their flight packs to fly. Henry and Alice flew off towards the exit, then hovered to look behind them. A swarm of dragons were approaching fast from behind Akio and Amari, all ready to spew fire at them.

Having no other choice because he didn't want to fight them, Henry opened the missile bays and aimed his guns to the stalactite roof above. Alice, understanding what he was about to do, aimed her rifle upwards too.

CLICK
FWOSHFWOSHFWOSHFWOSHFWOSHFWOSHFWOSH!!!
RATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!

The two mechas and the two furies flew out of the way of the falling debris. Some dragons flanked out of pursuit while others got hit by the falling debris and retreated back as rubble and dust covered part of the exit.
"This will keep them busy, but not for long! Let's hurry up!" Henry said. "Roger!" Alice replied.

They reached the waterfall entrance after 8 minutes, but the squadron and the aircarrier were nowhere near the entrance. "Hey! You guys! Where the hell are you?" Henry radioed his squad. "We're on our way! Three more minutes until arrival and extraction!" Fernando's voice said on the radio. Right at that moment, they heard dragon roars echoing loudly through the deeper caves. Akio and Amari growled.

Making up his mind, Henry requested Alice to carry Dr. Elias our of the cave once the hostile dragons appeared. "What will you do?" Alice asked as Henry handed Elias to her. Taking a deep breath, he said "I'll buy you guys some time if they don't get here soon". "No. I'll fight alongside you." Alice said as she let Elias inside the cockpit and closed the hatch door. They didn't have more time to argue as the first few dragons flew out of the caves.

The same black scorpion-type dragons that were alongside the rhino dragon were the first ones to fly down to pounce on them. Henry and Alice split up to the side to avoid getting hit by their jagged pincers. When that failed for the dragons, they spit a sort of acidic flame burst at the mechas. Alice jumped up to land on a rocky edge to avoid it and it's tail barb while Henry pulled his shield forwards to block the acid. Amari and Akio fired their plasma fire at them to defend their friends. From behind them appeared a four-headed dragon that resembled a Zippleback. It lunged at Henry's mecha to grab him by the limbs, but Alice jumped down and used her axe to knock the heads out of the way. Out of the corner of the entrance there was a flash of metal that he added their way, which made both mecha pilots skid back. A metal spike that a metal dragon had launched streaked past, missing them by mere inches. "Jeez that was close!" Alice exclaimed.

"Ok you guys! We're here! Ready to lower the cables!" Scott's voice said on the radio. "Let's go!" Henry said as he batted away another barb from the scorpion dragon with his shield. They turned around and quickly made a run for the cables, which started to lower from the other side of the waterfall entrance. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a different scorpion-type dragon with three stinger tails came swooping down and knocked Henry's mecha down. The knockdown carried him far from where the cables were. "Henry! NO!!!" Alice shouted. The scorpion dragon didn't pay attention to Alice's charge because of more dragons about to pounce on her, and it began to claw at the mecha's chest. Henry struggled with all his strength to knock the dragon off of him, but it was no use as the other scorpion dragons came to hit him with their pincers. Warnings of structural integrity decreasing rapidly blared in the cockpit as the dragons kept on smashing.

[WARNING]

[75%]

[55%]

[35%]

[15%]

CRACK!

CRASH!!!!

The back barb from one of the black scorpion dragons pierced the cockpit, stabbing Henry in the left side of the waist. He cried in agony as some sort of venom was being injected into him, adding more pain and agony to him when it was removed. The pain then made him drowsy and more weaker as he let go of the control sticks, which made his mecha collapse down.

One dragon was going to pierce him with the final blow when Amari flew into the frenzy and knocked the scorpion dragon that stabbed Henry.
————————————————————————————
"LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU PUKE-SMELLING JERK!!!" Amari screeched as she raked her claws and sunk her teeth at the Deathgripper. Akio backed her up defending Henry as he lunged at the Tripple Strike and heaved it off Henry's metal giant.
"WHY WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT THAT MONSTER!? NOW MOVE YOU SMALL WEAKLING!!!" the Deathgripper snarled.

It heaved Amari off like a small rock, sending her tumbling away. She had no time to get up and fight back as one of the Deathgripper's pincers slashed her across her neck. Amari cried out in pain as she doubled over. Akio, infuriated by this, charged at the Deathgripper, only to be pinned by a Rumblehorn.

"(Am....ari..........)" Henry's weak voice was heard through the mindlink.

"̷͔͊͒͗̆͊̊͋͛̚(̸͓͂͂̈́̓́͝͝Ḥ̸̄̄̅̌̽̐́͆͐̏Ȏ̷͎͎̞̙̫̘͛W̵̨̛̻͔̼̻̼̪͑͋͊̾̀̆̅ ̵̣̼̯̠̖̪̮̀̈́́̎͜D̷͖̥̀̑͌͒A̶͚͇̤̠͓̳͋͑̈́̃̿̋̚̚͘Ŗ̶͓͕̰̺̓͊͜ͅȨ̵̩̙̼̪̗͙̀ ̷̳̟̭̺̮̄̎͊͂͜͝Ṭ̶̡̗̲̳̈́̿́͆͗́̀Ḫ̵̢͚̭̍̃̋̎̿͝E̵͈͇̒̾̏̄́̊̔̈͘͘Y̶̡̳͚̳͕̯̖͚͔̊̒̽̈́̌̎́̎̄͌͜!̴̡͍̫͕̰͗̏͋̊̉́͘͠!̵̬̣̗͈̉̈́͋͛ͅ!̸͍̩̫͙̬̰̦̋̀̅̿͂̎̂̈́̈͝)̵̙̦͐͆̊̒̏̈́̓ͅͅ"̴͈̻̗̼̀̏͛̄͌̌̚

All of a sudden, Amari felt rage build up inside Henry's mind and body as she turned around to face her human friend. She didn't notice that every single dragon suddenly stopped to search where the source of the mind sound originated. Henry's metal giant slammed down one of his hands down, then began to rise up slowly as its eye turned into a red color. What Amari saw inside the metal giant....sent chills down her spikes. Henry's pupils...were glowing bright green along with a dark red hue.

He was angry.

"̷̛͖̳̬͉̫̯̆̈́̑̽̔͘ͅ(̷̛̰̯̾̌̽̓̄̑͐̊̍ͅ ̵̖̻͎̮̣̓̎̀̀͐̀͆́̚D̵͎̖̠̋̈́̑̃ ̷̮̈́͐I̵͙͇͐ ̶̨͉͚͎̱̻̣́̂Ē̷̻͎͉͔̠͔̰̊̒̊͋̀͗̋̏̍ ̸̱̑̍̊́̍̄̔͝)̸̧̛̜̯̪͇͈̠̼̓̆͌̈́̎͌̌͌̂"̷̫͔̞̟̥͒́̐̓̑͘͜

__________________________________________________________________
Check out Sexynightfury 's books Minneapolis and New Melbourne to support them.
That's all. ;3