23

That night Henry and Elias went to the unveiling event.

It was crowded in the battle dome, so much that the atmosphere felt tense for no reason. It seemed like everyone was here; lieutenants, admirals, sergeants, etc etc. Anyways, they made it there. At 8:30, the event started.
The one to walk up stage was a tall ordinary man with a stylish black suit, looking pleased with himself. Everyone else applauded.
"Tch. Look at him. All full of himself." Elias muttered. "You know him?" Henry asked. "Yes I do. His name is Jonas Cambridge, and he is the director of the Genesis Oil company. He's also the primary investor of the project I was in to develop the weapon that will be presented tonight." Elias said.
"You sound like you hate him." Henry said. "I DISLIKE him, but I think hate would replace that word for several reasons. Although he's nice-looking and generous when surrounded by important people, he is very demanding in reality when it comes to deadlines and errors in the project." Elias explained.
Henry was about comment on that when the man began to speak on the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to tonight's event. I can't express how glad I am to be here with you all. Because tonight is a special kind of night. I am happy to announce that the time of war against dragons...is finally at an end. Thanks to the help I have provided to the military by investing in a very important project that has been under development, it has now sped up. A project that will ensure safety and security to the entire human race from the monstrous beasts that attack us indiscriminately every time. But before I get to that, I'd like to be humble and first introduce the other projects from the other companies that came here today to be presented. Please bear in mind that I have no grudges or hard rivalry against them whatsoever." Jonas said, then joked to make the audience laugh. Elias and Henry kept quiet.

First to be revealed was a slender-looking mecha called a Union Flag. This mecha had two modes that allowed it to fight on the ground and on the air, making it a formidable machine.

Second was a spider-tank drone called a Tachikoma by Mitsubishi, named after the mecha drone in an anime.

Third was a "Beta mecha", which resembled a yumboro but with a larger cockpit and wings for its flight pack.

Fourth wasn't a mecha, but an aircraft. The name was the VF/X-15 "Fjalar", a swept wing design with a variable forward sweep of the wings with four large lifting fans, two on the main wings and two on the forward winglets. When locked fully forward, the main wings set into a delta wing configuration used for high-speed flight. It was also capable of VTOL and "viffing," or "Vectoring in Forward Flight.", capable of making complex maneuvers such as dogfighting between buildings possible.

Fifth was a "Shredder" drone, a type of razor sharp multi-directional chainsaw wheel with smaller razors wrapped around a car sized sphere.

And lastly came the military's mechas. To Henry's surprise, it turned out to be 3D displays of his mecha and his classmate's: his was the same one he uploaded along with the Alie pack; Alice's kurata was blue painted and with red scar decals all over the arms and legs, carrying a large rocket axe(She also must have designed a flight pack when he noticed it and the name "XL-2"); Scott's kurata was a little larger, red-and-black painted, covered with armor platings, head having two devil-like horns, and holding a huge triangular mace; Fernando's yumboro was twice its mass, reason behind it was because it had been equipped with large armor, rocket launchers, and back cannons, making it look like a walking tank and no longer a small yumboro. Fernando must have also made a flight pack when Henry spotted the "Tilt-rotor pack" behind the mecha. Travis and Rachel's yumboros were not really changed that much, just one was holding a sniper and the other a pair of revolving pistols.
Everyone applauded more as the robots got presented by order.

"And lastly for our surprise. The project that will become the salvation of all humanity. I would like to ask all of you here to please back off from near the stage and look to the skies on your left." Jonas said as he began to come down from the stage. Everyone did so and looked up in the night sky.