Chapter 39

She was sitting on her bed. She had not gone to the hospital for a last couple of weeks. She came to know that she was a month pregnant. But she still did not had the necessary tests which were required. She was waiting for her husband to arrive, then she will go to every meeting and appointment with him, like other pregnant women did.

She was eager to tell him.... Nidhi's single word did not affect her. She trusted him and he did not need to explain himself to her. She knew he loved her too much to cheat over her. She smiled thinking his reaction over the arrival of their little one, not knowing her life was going to change after today.

today, there was no one in the mansion, they still were not aware about Dhriti's pregnancy. She wanted her husband to be the first one to know. She had not contacted him since the last time slightly in anger and slightly in disappointment. Why can't he for once call her. She went to bathroom to have a fresh bath. After having the bath she wore a baggy comfortable trouser and a loose t-shirt. 

She came out and was about to go to the kitchen, her hand at the knob of the door, when she felt abdominal pain. Fear crept through her veins. Her motherly instinct telling her that there was something wrong with her baby. She went to the sofa on wobbly legs, her one hand surrounding her belly protectively, she can feel the stress in her veins. She took the phone from the table and sat down on the floor with her head resting on the sofa. Her pain was worsening and her mind was not accepting the fact, what was about to happen. She took a deep breath and wiht shaking hands she dialled the first number came in her mind. 

She dialled Shivaay's number but after few rings he cut the call. She dialled it again, her pain unbearable by now. This time SHivaay attended her call.

"What is it Dhriti." Shivaay shouted from the other side. He sounded irritated. It took her time to process what he was saying.

"I... I am scared." She told him between her breathing.

"Go tell mom, and don't call me back." She said.

"P...Please come back." She begged on the verge of crying. 

"You do now I am in America and can't come back, so call someone from family and don't disturb me, this meeting is much important than your blaberring." And after that she just herad a beep sound showing he had cut the call. She dialled again, but this time his number was switched off. She felt tears staining her cheeks but her lips curved into a sad smile. She felt betrayed.

She tilted her head up and her hands gave up, falling on her side like a lifeless body. Her tears started flowing from the corner of her eyes and her legs gave up too. She felt wetness down her south side, but she did not had the courage to look down. Blood flowed out of her vagina like water, surrounding her and wetting her. In no time a pool of blood could be felt around her legs. but she still gazed at the celing, just a month ago, she was all happy, and look now, she was having a miscarriage.

But she reminded herself that she was once an independent woman, that there was a time when she did not needed someones help. Gathering the last ounce of energy left in her she dialed the number of Siddhi.

"Hello Bhabhi..." Siddhi said after attending the call. "Are you there..." She asked again.

"He.... help." It was all she was able to say before she drifted into darkness. 

***************

Today was a very important meeting for him, with the world's biggest investors. He was missing her and he finally decided to talk to her, after the meeting. But yet again, his employees spolied his mood by showing him a shitty presentation. He fired them and got engrossed in making another presentation. His mind was on verge of exploding in anger and irritation.

Soon the meeting started and everyone was listening silently, until one of the man, probably being jealous of him started asking her unnecassary  questions. And as if god wanted him to feel more embarassed he got a call, he had forgot to keep his phone on silent. He excused himelf and went back stage.

"What is it Dhriti." He said in utter irritation. He was already on verge of breaking point.

"I... I am scared." Her voice sounded meek, but due to the current pressure he was not able to feel it.

"Go tell mom, and don't call me back." He said not himself knowing what he was saying.

"P...Please come back." She said, much to his annoyance. HE was already loosing the deal, and one more minute and he would loose it completely.

"You do now I am in America and can't come back, so call someone from family and don't disturb me, this meeting is much important than your blaberring." He said and cut the call and switched off his phone for further inconvinience.

After an hour the meeting got over and he relaxed when finally they got the deal. He felt like he had conquered the world. This deal was really important for him and his company. He reached his office and relaxed. 

As soon as his mind got peace, a wave of regret hit him. He cursed himself for talking to her the way he talked. He quickly fished out his phone, and switching it on he dialled Dhriti's number. The phone was switched off. He frowned and dialled a few more times. But each time it was switched off. He wanted to share this good news with him. he knew that she must be very angry at him, but he knew how to make up to his wife.

But his gut feeling was saying something was not right. He dialled Siddhi's number and she attended it.

"is everything okay..." He asked after greeting her.

"Y... Yes." Siddhi said, but he did not missed the hint of melancholy in her voice. 

"Is Dhriti alright." He asked again.

"Yes Bhai, I will call you back later." With this said she hung up. She never hung up on him.  He waved off his feeling and got back to work.

Not knowing what was coming his way.