Chapter 41

*UNEDITED*

Please vote.

Next day he reached his mansion. The front gate opened showing his mother and father who were sitting on the sofa. Seeing him they smiled at him a little but their smile was not the one from the heart.

He could sense something was wrong.

Waving it away, he hugged them and told them about his achievement. They were proud of him. They told him. He saw Siddhi standing in the corner. Like always, this time, she didn't came to him running or hug him. And that one person he was dying to see was also missing from there.

He went to Siddhi and hugged her who didn't return back his hug. Frowning he went and sat on the sofa as the maid brought him lemonade.

He drank it and after a few talks with his parents he finally decided to meet his queen.

His love.....

He went to his room and pushed open the door with wide smile. He called for her but got no answer. Slowly, his smile slipped off his lips.

He looked around and found no one. He checked the every corner of the room and still didn't found her. Just when he was about to turn and leave to inquire about her, his eyes fell on the papers kept on the side table

Ever so slowly he picked them up with confusion. As soon as he read the heading his confusion changed into rage.

Divorce agreement.....

What the heck......

Who was fucking getting a divorce. He read it and what he saw froze his whole soef.

At the end of paper her name was written and there were her sign.

She wanted a divorce.....

He can't understand.... Is this some kind of joke. He fisted the paper and threw it away. He rubbed his now red face.

His heart, his head denying that she can divorce him, due to a mere fight.

He felt his world crumbling down, he felt the ground below him slipping away as the tears formed in his eyes

He saw another paper, which seemed like a letter.

Dear husband,

I know it was my quick decision, but it was as important as it was quick. Don't worry, I am not pranking you, it's true. It's true that I want a divorce from you. I can't..... I can't do it anymore.

I love you.... I really do.... And I will love you and you only. Forever in this life....

But.... But right now, I can't.... I... I need to find myself. You are free to do whatever you want, whatever you love, but remember my love for you was not fake...

That is the reason I signed the divorce papers. I don't want you to feel bounded by me.

I just can't handle it alone, I need to find myself. The independent woman I used to be.....

With love

Yours Dhriti...

He threw the letter away. His eyes blood shot red. She needs to find herself?!

What a pathetic shit it is.....

Until tomorrow everything was fine, how come, in one day everything turned upside down.

"Ahhhhhhhhh......"  He shouted at the top of his lungs pulling his hairs.

"Y ...you can't do this To me...." He said to himself shaking his head. "You can't....." He shouted.

"I hate you Dhriti....... I hate youuuuu......" He shouted so high that even though the room was sound proof, his shouts reached above the sky.

She left him....

She left him alone.... The reason..... A petty fight.....

She left him......

"I hate you ....." He mumbled before the darkness consumed him whole.

**************

He got up, with a blurred vision. He looked around to in confusion, he was at his home, lying on the bed. It took him a whole five minutes to contemplate what was going on. He was lost....

He got up with a jerk, She had left him, no... no its not possible, not at all.

"Baby, calm down, Calm down my baby..." His mother said giving him a side hug, but he did not move.

"M...Mom.." He said. "Call Dhriti, I had missed her, I missed her so much, y... you call her first." He said not wanting to accept the reality. Gayatri's eyes watered more if possible. She knew Dhriti left him. But she did not knew the reason. Dhriti told Siddhi not to tell anyone.

"She is not h...here." She replied, her voice low. That girl had did a number on her son. He jerked away and got up from the bed. 

"You are lying, she can never leave me. She loves me. You know nothing. She will never leave me." He was not prepared for this, he can never accept that she left him.... Alone.. even after knowing he depends on her for his life. His heart was beating furiously.

"She is not he..." 

"NOO..." He shouted, his eyes bloodshot.

"Dhrtii, Dhriti," He shouted but no voice came back. "DHRITI.... this is no joke, come to me, c..come to me sweetheart." His legs gave up and he sat on the ground. She left him she left him for real. He covered his face and cried hysterically. Gayatri's hand flew to her mouth, seeing the condition of her son. 

"I hate you Dhriti..."

"I hate you." He shouted but everyone, even god knew that he can't....... he can't hate the person he loves more than his own life.