Chapter 43

Another 2 years later

Loud voices of children and everyone could be heard in the hall of the big Singhania mansion. Some were running from here to there. 

Everyone was busy in their own work. The arrangements at their peek.

Today was Siddhi's engagement, and the whole family was invited. She was sitting and laughing as the guest made there way to her congratulating her. 

She thanked them, but her eyes were stuck at the door, waiting for her favourite brother to arrive,  who don't come to the mansion a lot. He stays in his pent house, he bought near the fields. It had been gift for the.....

"Sid you are looking gorgeous." One of her fake friends, fake smiled at her, and gave her fake praises. At this time she was really missing her both of friends. Her both friends who had her both of her brothers wrapped around their little fingers. Siya and Dhriti. To her utter surprise, Siya did came. She cam with her brother, Shivin, she was shell shocked to see Siya, all happy with Shivin. Like they never had a history of that fateful night. But nevertheless, she was happy for her brother.

She knew her brother was too much obsessed with innocent Siya.

But Dhriti.... She did called Dhriti telling her to come, but she denied. She said, she don't have the courage to face her brother. She did told her that Shivaay's condition were getting worse day by day.

Her eyes were filled with tears, when she was thinking of Dhriti. She still remember the night her brother came back home immensely drunk. The first ever formal conversation they had. How broken he had sounded.

Flashback...

"Why.... Why did she left me Siddhi." He asked her, still hung on her shoulder, as he was not able to stand straight, that much drunk he was. "WasI... Was I not enough... Did I not love her enough....." He slurred.

"Bhai, its not like that, she loves you I know..... She loves you." She consoled her brother, while putting him on the sofa not being able to carry his weight anymore. He instantly shook his head.

"She did not.." He said. "She did not loved me even an ounce of how much I did. If she had, She won't have left." He started crying. Siddhi was shell shocked to see her brother's condition. She had never seen him cry..... NEVER.....

He was always carrying himself, with grace, with dominance, she had never seen him vulnerable..........

Now she felt more guilty to help Dhriti run away.

"What did I do wrong, where did it all went wrong." He asked himself, closing his eyes, as tears fell free from his orbs. "She said she loved me, and left me for a petty fight..." He scrunched his nose. Why the hell that night happened..... Why did he leave. Only if.... Only if he knew she will run away, he won't have let that happen.... he would've chained her to their bed and fuck her until she forgot the idea of him leaving her......

He still couldn't pin point the reason she left him for.........

Next day he woke up on the sofa of the drawing room, and went to his room, silently, he did not talked to anyone. He was like that, drunk and come back home, and shout, fire his employees.... for days.... for six months

but after that it was all gone.... one day...... it was all gone..... he did not did it anymore.... he ws back to the cold hearted ruthless busniessman back. The only thing that never happened was, he did not let a girl touch him. He did not let anyone near him.

It was like Dhriti never exisited in his life.

But if, by any chance, anyone took her mere name, he would've got triggered, he would drown back into alcohol....

That was why no one used to talk to him about anything related to her. She was his weak point, and everyone knew it.

****

Dhriti was sitting in the boarding plane from Shimla to Mumbai.

The city of her dreams. The city which she left behind for her well being. She knew she would have gotten completely mad if not for leaving there.

When she was alone, she used to drift back into memories she created with him.

And with those memories, striked some questions which she couldn't answer.

Everything happened with the speed of light in her life. From being always whipped by him, being his love sick puppy, to think that maybe, just maybe she deserves better.

With that another thought striked her, why can't he be better for her. She sacrificed a lot in her life, for him.... He only have to, his ego and his ways.

She reflected over her past life with him. He was controlling, possessive, and what not....

But she ignored all the red flags, just to have a happy life with him.

But he loved her truly.....

And she knew she can never find someone who can love her like he did. He can also not find someone who can love him like she does ......

But now, probably he hates her. She was not ready to face him. But she can't do anything.

Siddhi had literally begged her to come and attend her wedding. She was thinking of possibilities, the way she will meet him.

And she will fulfill the wish of the purest girl in her life.

But she was scared..... Scared to see whether he had someone beside her or not.....

She was scared that he might had found someone unlike her who was badly stuck on him.

She always knew, that running away from him, from her problems was a bad idea....

A really really bad idea....

But maybe, just maybe he would understand.....

Understand her situation. Why she did what she did.

The burden of their relationship, the miscarriage and then those words of him and cut her deep.

She knew there might be a lot of reasons behind his word, but she wanted him to be with her, when she was fighting....

Fighting for their baby.... Fighting for miscarriage..... Fighting to the society for being almost sterile now.

One of reasons behind her running was, society....
Sweet fucking society....

She knew he was a billionaire, that too a big one..... So he must need a hier.

Waving her thoughts away, she finally let sleep come in her eyes. Not wanting to think too much.

Leaving everything on her fate this time.

Their fate

Swipe up for next chapter