Chapter 78: I'm scared

So the doctor went through the pros and cons of brain surgery and that the chances of brain damage were 1/1000, so I decided to go ahead with brain surgery, which is today due to a cancellation.

"I'll be right here when you wake up" Cameron said, kissing me on the forehead as the nurses rolled me to surgery.

I'm scared that I'll never wake up again once I go under. I don't want to leave Cameron, I don't want to die; I'm not ready to die.

"Just think of nice things and then you'll have beautiful dreams" the nurse said as she injected the anaesthetic into me. I focused on the first time me and Cameron saw each other at his concert. It seems so long ago. I never would've thought that I'd be married to the man I fangirled about everyday and have a child with him. I'm scared it's all a dream and that when I wake up I'm going to go back to reality.

Cameron's P.O.V.

3 hours has passed since they took Macy into surgery and to say I'm shitting myself is a complete understatement.

"She's going to be fine Camcam" Courtney said.

"Don't call me that, and I can't lose her Coco, she means the world to me."

"I know she does Cameron"

"I still remember the first time I saw her. Front row at the Roundhouse in London, that first time I set my eyes on hers, I knew I'd marry her and spend the rest of my life with her" I sobbed. Courtney wrapped her arms around me and tried to comfort me as best she could. Mom and Dad had Reuben, which I was grateful for because I don't think I could look after him right now.

"Macy Hurley" the doctor announced.

"Yes" my head snapped up as I heard her name, which I still couldn't get used to. I had been married to her for nearly 4 months and I still couldn't believe she was my wife.

"How is she?" I rushed as I ran up to the doctor.

"She's fine, she'll pull through. We have removed the tumour and sent it off to the lab for testing to see if it's benign. If it is benign then that means she doesn't have to go through chemo and radiotherapy and her brain has been released of the pressure of the tumour. She has a bandage around her head and is still under anaesthetic. When she wakes up, she's going to be a bit groggy. Let me know when she wakes up."

I ran down to her room and opened the door. My poor Macy was laying there, tubes attached to her hands and her nose. I walked to the edge of the bed and sat down, grabbing her hand and kissing it.

"Please come back to me Roo" I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I can't do this without you, you mean too much to me Macy Roux Hurley that I cannot and will not ever let you go. I promise. I love you so much Roo, please come back to me"

Macy's P.O.V.

"Please come back to me Macy"

"CAMERON!" I shouted. "CAMERON WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Come back to me Macy, please; Reuben and I need you"

"I WANT THIS TO END!" I screamed. Suddenly there was a flash of white light, which was so strong I flew backwards.

My eyes fluttered open and I was back in my white room.

"Hey sleeping Beauty, you came back to me" Cameron said, kissing my forehead.

"I never left" I murmured. Cameron shouted for the doctor, who came striding in like he owned the bloody place.

"Glad to see you're awake Macy. You can go home in a week, we just need to keep you in for observation. We sent your tumour to the lab for testing and we've just got the results back: it was benign, which means it was harmless. Now that we've removed the pressure from your brain, you should get a lot less headaches and dizziness, but I'm still going to give you some painkillers to take if you do get a headache."

"Thank you doctor" Cameron said. The doctor left and Cameron turned around to smile at me.

"I'm okay?" I questioned.

"You're fucking fantastic Macy" he replied. I smiled and he kissed me gently on the lips.

I just couldn't wait to get home and see my son.