Chapter 76: I'd never been so content

I woke up next to Cameron, who was sleeping soundly, and kissed his chest before unravelling myself out of his arms. I pulled on some trackie shorts and a vest top and crept my way into Reuben's room.

I looked down into the cot to see my son wide awake, looking at me, smiling that little perfect cubby smile of his. I smiled at him and then picked him up. I sat down on the sofa and cuddled him. I looked down at my left hand to admire my wedding ring. I still couldn't believe that I'd married my soulmate and best friend. After everything we'd been through, we were finally happy, we were finally a family.

I'd never been so content in my lifetime. It was a good feeling, a happy feeling.

"What'ya thinking about?" I heard a sleepy Cameron ask.

"About everything we've been through and that we're finally happy as a family" I replied without turning around.

"You're right we are, but I don't regret a single decision we made" Cameron said, sitting down next to me and kissing Reuben's forehead. 

"Me neither" I rested my head on his shoulder, as he kissed my hair.

"I love you Cameron"

"I love you too Macy"

"I think we should go to the Eiffel Tower today"

"Good idea"

We went to the Eiffel Tower and had some photos taken in front of it. It was perfect.

I never want this honeymoon to end.

I'm so sorry guys, I have been so busy with school work, that I haven't been able to update.