Chapter 65: Welcome to the world

4 months later

Cameron had come off tour last month. Dylan, Toby, Drew, Charlie and I had set up the nursery while he was gone and I got ready for the arrival of Peanut.

I went to the toilet when I suddenly felt a gush of water. Oh shit.

"CAMERON!" I shouted just as the contrations started. I heard footsteps running and suddenly the bathroom door opened.

"What's wrong?" he asked alarmed.

"My water just broke, the baby's coming"

"Shit" He ran back into the bedroom and grabbed my overnight bag, the car keys and rang his parents. I made it down to the car and we set off to the hospital. I kept gasping and panting as contractions came and go.

"Does it hurt?" Cameron asked not taking his eyes off the road.

Really?

"OF COURSE IT FUCKING HURTS YOU KNOBHEAD" I screamed as another contraction came. Cameron flinched at my words and screaming.

We made it to the hopsital in one piece, luckily.

"My girlfriend need help, she's in labour" Cameron shouted to the nurses. I was put in a wheelchair and wheeled up to the maternity ward with Cameron following in.

"How far apart are her contractions?" one nurse asked him, he looked confused. What a load of fucking help he would be.

"About 5 minutes apart" I panted.

"Alright sweetie, can you get on the bed for me?" the nurse asked. I climbed onto the bed as she attached the heart monitor around my belly.

"You're about 5cm dilated, so your baby will be in your arms soon" she said.

2 hours later

"PUSH MACY PUSH" Cameron shouted. I garbbed his shirt by the neck, "Shut the fuck up or I will chop off your balls and cock in the night" I said through gritted teeth.

"Well done Macy, the head's out, just one more push and your baby will be here" the nurse said. I pushed with all my energy until I heard a cry. My baby's cry.

"Congratulations, it's a baby boy" the nurse said handing him to me. She cleaned him up and then handed him back to me.

"Welcome to the world little man" I whispered.

"He's perfect" Cameron said kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you"

"It's okay, it was worth it"

"What are we gonna call him?" he asked.

"Reuben Carter Hurley" I whispered kissing him.

"Hello Reuben" Cameron said kissing him too.

He was so perfect.

So I bet you weren't expecting that so quickly.