Chapter 22: What do I do?

"I have an offer for you Macy Roux"

"And what's that?" I asked.

"An art scholarship at the Royal College of Art in London"

"Who is this?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh how rude of me! My name is Professor Bill Carlile from the Royal College of Art London, I received a copy of your art sketchbook from a Miss Lily Smith and I would like to offer you a full scholarship at the RCA"

Lily? Lily did this?

"Look sir, Lily died a few months ago, she was murdered, there is no way she could have sent you a copy my sketchbook"

"I'm sorry to hear that but I have your sketchbook in front of me now with the following note: Dear Professor Carlile, I am writing to ask if you could offer my best friend Macy Roux Rodriguez an art scholarship at the RCA because she is very talented and talent like that shouldn't go to waste. She wouldn't apply herself so I decided to do it for her, she chose a music scholarship at New York University but I know as her best friend that music isn't her true calling, it's art. So please sir, she deserves it, she's been through too much, we all have, she needs a break and art is her only escape. Kind Regards Lily Smith"

I was crying. Oh Lily why didn't you tell me?

"So here I am calling you offering you a scholarship" Bill continued.

"Thank you sir, please may I think about it and call you back"

"Of course you can Macy but I'm telling you now I would love to have you as a student"

"Thank you sir, I'll think about it"

"Okay" and with that he hung up. I let out a large breath I didn't realise I was holding in.

Was this what I wanted? Was this what I needed? What would I do about Lost In Neverland? Was art my true calling?

What do I do?

I had some serious decisions to make.