Chapter 8: You and me against the world

We watched Upon This Dawning's set and I must admit they killed it. It was awesome! The crowd were singing along and enjoying themselves. They ran off stage and put their instruments away. I went over to Matty.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, Teo can you take this back to the bus?" Teo took Matty's bass and Matty took my hand.

"Just thought I'd warn you, I promised Of Mice and Men I would watch their set"

"We can watch it together" he replied. We headed towards the exit, avoiding fans, and walked down the street. We just walked around the city, looking at shops and giving money to buskers. We ended up in a nice café on the other side of the city. Matty had a cappuccino and I had a hot chocolate.

"Remember you and me against the world?" Matty asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Of course I do, it was our friendship motto"

"Yeah" I took a sip of my hot chocolate and looked at my phone.

"Shit"

"What?" Matty looked alarmed.

"We missed Of Mice and Men's set" he didn't say anything, he just burst into laughter with me soon following.

"Do you remember the way back?" I asked after I stopped laughing.

"Nope, do you?" he replied still chuckling lightly.

"No" after I said that Matty's face became serious.

"Shit" he muttered.

Uh oh!

We finished our drinks and started walking in the direction we thought was the right way. We kept walking for another 3 hours, with no such luck.

"I think we should give up Matty" I breathed.

"We could always stay in a hotel" all I could do was nod. Luckily there was a hotel near by.

"May I help you?" the receptionist asked as we walked in.

"Yes, can we book a hotel room for two?" I asked.

"Double bed okay?" I looked at Matty who shrugged.

"Yeah"

"That will be $35" I handed her the money and she handed me the key. We headed upstairs and went into our room for the night.

So I've finally finished all exams and school. I now have 3 months well deserved holiday so updates will become more regular. Did anyone watch the warped tour webcast?