𝕆ℕ𝔼

THE SOUNDS from crickets slipping through the wide open window along with the night breeze flapping the curtains lightly. The 16 years old girl laying on her bed by her stomach while so into her storyline from her current read book, unaware of her surroundings.

As if she just got swallows from reality right into the fantasy, leaving her in blurry state between real life and book life.

Since her bed was placed just right next to her window, she can feel the winds sometimes slapping her cheeks while sending the cold down to her spine but not enough to made her shivering.

It's summer now, the day time can be a hell and she barely can tolerate with the temperature. Having the urges to walk out with nothing but naked.

The night time can be pretty cold, the breeze sometimes enough to made her cheeks froze if she's hanging out long enough outside.

But nothing she can't handle, she would rather to have her cheek froze there than burned because of the heat. She never really likes summer, she's more of a fall and spring person.

Halfway through her book, she heard the loud noises coming from the other side of her room following by couple of murmurs of voices that she familiar enough.

Knowing its belong to her dearest brother who is also her twin, and his adolescent friends. Who she also knows for as long as she remembered.

It's a Saturday night, it's rarely for them to just hanging around the house and just chilling. It's either they would storm to a party somewhere along the figure eight or they're going to play their video games for hours until they fall asleep.

She puts her bookmark to mark the last page she just read, putting the book down before she runs towards her door, trying to get to her brother before she lost them. She flung open the door and get the stairs.

She catches her brother and his friends at the kitchen, talking about something that she rather not to be a part of it. They could talking about something gross and sexist enough about girls which she never condones their behaviours, because she'll end up roasting them for it.

She's a raging feminist, she can't help herself.

"Where are you guys head to?" she asked, announcing her presence as soon as she's stepping into the kitchen, forcing the pair of eyes from three boys landing on her.

She knows they're heading to somewhere, probably one of the parties. Because they all dressed up and clean themselves pretty well.

"And why would you care?" Her dear brother, Topper spoke while giving her a judgy look.

He always has that with him, he almost never agreed with everything she's doing. When she's pointed that out at him, he said he just wanted to protect her from any dangers. Like he's not the same age like her, they're literally twins.

"Because I want to know? Can't a sister cared about her brother" she shrugged, giving him an innocent smile while approaching them by the counter.

His friends just watched their interactions while munching some Cheetos, this isn't the first time they're were watching their banter like this.

"No, because you're a nosy bitch"

"A nosy bitch that always covered your ass when mom busted you up. You're welcome, by the way"