𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏

THE THORNTON SIBLINGS standing side by side, each of them with different reactions on their face when they watching their new boat that her parents just bought like a week ago got pulled out from the bottom of the water.

After she's done with her breakfast with Rafe, they walk around the beach for awhile. Just to ease up their mind and bonding together, she asked Rafe about couple of things and manage to get him to talk about it.

When they feel like it's been long enough, they walk out from the beach and Rafe dropped her back at her house. Until she heard the argument between her mom and Topper as soon as she stepped into the house.

And that leads to where they are now, standing altogether at the deck of their house while watching their boat that sunk out of nowhere got pull out. All she knows is, her mother would totally be rage over this.

Hope has no idea how can the boat just sunk, it was a brand new and it's impossible to have any faulty. But watching her brother expression, she knows he's sweating hard now. Because he was the last person who used it.

Plus Hope never drive on her own, she never knows how to, actually. She would love to learn but she has people who willing to drive it for her.

So that only down to Topper, she knows her mom would blame him for it and Topper is aware of that.

Once the boat fully out from the water, hanging from the crane with drip of water dropping from its body, she saw her mother clenching her jaw while shaking her head. Totally disappointed.

"Boat like this don't just sink, Dr. Thornton" The man that her mom hired said to her, glancing in between them.

"How much is this gonna cost me?" Her mother asked, standing next to the man while crossing her arms. Totally holding her anger back from burst out.

"Ah, submerged 24 hours, so you're looking at 25, 30K"

Hope eyes widened at the price, she shoot a look at Topper but the boy just sighing lowly and shaking his head. Also as baffled as her. They might have all the money but that doesn't mean 30K could be hand out for something like this.

It's still a big amount of money.

"And insurance won't cover it?" her mother asks again.

"No. Not for operator error. Plug wasn't in there" the man pointed out.

Her mom slowly glancing at them, more specifically at Topper. Totally has the idea to put the blame on her son.

"Well, why--why you lookin at me?" Topper stutter, suddenly feels defensive at the look from his mother.

"Why do you think?" Her mom state.

"I did not forget to put the plug in, Mom. It's been sitting in the water a week"

"Then who did it, Hope? Me!?" The woman scold him.

Topper clamp shut his mouth while Hope scoff at the mentioned of her name. But she knows the woman not blaming her, she barely around the boat.

"Mom, I'm pretty sure it just, I don't know loosening or something and fall out without any of us realizes" Hope decides to step in, defending her brother.

He might be a lot of things but she always takes his side, especially when it down to a situation like this.

Her mom looks away from Topper to her, giving the same angered look "Stop defending your brother every time he's screwed up. You only encourage him to be more irresponsible"

"Topper is responsible, you just not around to see it" Hope fought back.

Maybe sometimes the boy can be reckless, but he totally can be responsible. For most part of it.