𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼

"I THINK WE HAD ENOUGH" Topper suddenly announced, he starts to stand up from the log and pull up Sarah along with him. They've been at the beach for hours and the sun already fully set in. It's already dark out there and most of them already a little tipsy and half of them already waste.

Hope still sitting on the log, she doesn't want to leave yet, and she was having fun. Everything went so smooth without any problems, she didn't break any rules. Well, accept when she was talking to JJ earlier but what Topper didn't know won't hurt him.

She wants to ask Topper if she could stay any longer, she can just ask her newfound friends to drop her by when she's done. But she almost can see the answer to it, he won't let that happen. Not when he barely knows these people that she wants to hitch the ride with.

"Can we stay just for a little more? I kinda have fun and don't want it to end yet" but Hope still trying. Maybe he would make an excuse for tonight since she's behaving really well.

"No, it's long enough. Come on" Topper disagree, urging for her to get up. She gives a look to Kelce, hoping if he can say something to support her but the boy just shrugged. Enough to tell her that he's not on her side, not this time.

"Okay. Can I just stay here?" she try again, putting up her best pleading look for him.

"Then how are you gonna come home?" Topper asked, he looks merely annoyed but there's still concern.

"I can just hitch a ride from anyone here, I made a couple of friends" Hope said "Or I can call the uber or something. That's not really a big deal, you don't have to worry"

"You are not hitching ride from anyone here, you don't know them" Topper quickly disagree, he doesn't trust these people here to bring his sister home safely. They could be anything and be knows they could and would.

"Then I'll call the uber" Hope states it. Really hoping that Topper would let her this time without making it hard. She's been listening to him, right? She should earn something from it.

"We'll doing this again next time, okay? I promised. Now we need to head out, come on" Topper hold out his hand for her, urging her to get up so they can leave this party.

Hope wants to protest, she wants to keep convincing him to let her stay. She's having fun, real fun. But she knows if she misbehaving now, she probably won't get any chances like this again.

"Fine" Hope agreed. She takes her brother's hand and let him pull her up from the log. Topper gives her a smile and she returns it back, though it's the unpleasant one. Maybe she'll get her chance next time, she convinced herself.

They continue to walk, ready to leave the party and the beach.

Hope glances up and saw JJ and John B were talking, they look a little tipsy. She smiles at them though they don't see her. She wonders if she ever can be like them, free and allow to do everything they want.

Until JJ turns around and his eyes locked with her. It feels like a slow motion for a second, until he starts walking toward her. That's when Hope starts to panic, she shook her head telling him to stop but JJ still keeps going.

"Hey, Red--" JJ said, stumbling his way and that's enough to tell her that's he's drunk. Her eyes widened when he's getting closer, Topper already stops walking and glances at the blonde boy at the called for her.

"Hey, JJ" Instead of telling him to go, she greets him back politely.

Giving him a tight smile, worry about what is going to happen. But she hopes that JJ would just take off. She's more afraid of what her brother would do. He might say something that can pull the both of them into a fight.