𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ

WHEN THEY FINALLY pulled up at the parking lot, they quickly walking towards the lobby but before they can walk through the door, Hope feels her phone buzzing forcing her to stop

WHEN THEY FINALLY pulled up at the parking lot, they quickly walking towards the lobby but before they can walk through the door, Hope feels her phone buzzing forcing her to stop. She reached out for the device from her pocket, eyeing the screen for the caller.

Her eyes widened, her heart thumping a little faster when she saw her father’s name popped up on the screen.

Rafe stops along with her when he notices the girl no longer walking along with him. He saw her eyes darting on her phone screen, he can’t help to feel curious.

“What’s wrong?” Rafe asked, looking down to her trying to take a peek on her screen.

“Uh—it’s my dad” Hope announced, showing the phone at him and Rafe takes a quick glance at it before he looks back at her.

“Do you want to take it?” He asks, he almost can see the nervousness from her face "Might be important"

“I don’t know. What if he wants me to go home? I was out of reach for one whole day” she pursed her lips.

She can go rebels against everyone but she can’t really say no to her father. If anything, she’s likely to listen to the man the most out of people. He’s not strict but something about him demanding for something making her to drop everything and do it right away.

“Maybe he’s worry about you” Rafe pointed out and as much as he doesn’t want Hope to answer the call with the possibility that she needs to leave him here all alone, he needs people to know that she’s safe. With him.

“So—I should answer it?”

“Go ahead. I’m gonna get us a room” He smiles softly and the tenderness from his voice making her heart flutter a little.

She nods, maybe he’s right about it “Here” Hope hands him her wallet “There’s money in there, go get us a room” she said.

Rafe looks hesitates a little, he’s just staring down on her hand when she hold out the wallet to him. He’s still debating herself whether he should accept her offer but he knows damn well that if he didn’t take it, he don’t have any money to pay himself.

“Rafe?” Hope spoke, putting a hand on his arm when he didn’t reciprocated to her action and looks like he’s zoned out from the world.

“Yeah?” He broke out from his trance, looking up back to her while sniffing a little.

“You good? Do we need to take a seat or something?” She asked in concern, because it kinda reminds her when he’s got his withdrawal back at the mall when they were shopping for midsummers.

“No, no, I’m good” Rafe shook his head, putting up a smile back to assure the girl “Go answer the call, I’m gonna get us a room” he continues, reluctantly taking the wallet from her hand.

She pursed her lips “Okay” she nods, her eyes still watching him warily just to make sure that he’s actually fine.

“I’ll see you inside?”