𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

AFTER THEY DONE with golf, Topper decides for them to go and grab a lunch together which they all got nothing to argue. Pretty sure the three of them really need some energy after almost burned at the golf course for being exposed to the sun for hours.

Rafe excused himself from the table to the toilet, leaving the siblings there. The older Thornton fidgeting with his ring nervously, he’s got something inside his head to talk with Hope. But he doesn’t know how to start.

The previous scene where Rafe beats the shit out of the Pogue boy still clear inside his mind and he certainly can’t get that out from his head. How Rafe almost send Pope to the hospital if he didn’t interfere the last hit that Rafe wanted to give to Pope with his club.

That was brutal, Rafe was so brutal. He didn’t know if it’s because the drug or he just being himself but he’s scared for quick seconds that Rafe would kill Pope.
It seems like he can and he wants to. He can’t imagine if it really happened.

And seeing what happened last night between Hope and Rafe, he already has an image what would happen to his sister if thing really starts to go down between them. When Topper can’t be there to stop it.

He knows Rafe already made up and Hope already forgives him. They look pretty comfortable together, like nothing ever happened yesterday. But because he knows Hope never knows how to hold grudge against people, especially to people she likes.

While Rafe is really good with manipulating people to give him what he wants. He’s pretty sure that Rafe used that in order to get Hope to forgive him, especially when he knows the soft hearted girl that would give in if people knows how to.

“Hey, Hope. Can we  talk?” Topper finally spoke, glancing at his sister that seated opposite of him while Rafe taking her side. He just notices how Rafe always wanted to be keep right next to Hope, how he always stay as close as he can with her whenever he can.

He can see it clearly back at the golf course. He notices it, every single things. Rafe was so whipped with Hope, he talked so nicely to her. Touching her lightly, smiling and giggling. He looks and acts so different, way too different.

And too much for his liking.

He just starts to believe that Rafe has something for his sister. Though it almost impossible but seeing everything in front of him, he knows he’s not mistaken things.

Especially when he also send a warning note to Pope, telling the blonde friend of his to stay away from Hope. His girl. My girl.

Rafe said Hope is his girl, telling another boy to stay away from her.

Though he actually confused what JJ has anything to do with Hope? It’s not like they know each other that well. They barely spoke to each other, Topper knows. Hope never associates with any of the Pogues.

Except, Rafe knows something that he didn’t. But he just tell himself that it’s because of the incidents at the beach. When JJ casually offered Hope a drink, aware enough that she’s not a drinker.

“Really? Right here, right now?” Hope puts down the menu card, giving Topper a look.

“Yeah”

“Rafe is here, can we talk about it when there’s only me and you?”

“He’s going to be in there for a while” Topper mumbles, meant more to himself.

“Why?” she asked. But Topper just realizes he’s saying it out loud.

“Nothing” Topper quickly said, realizes he mumbled it a little too loud than he meant it “Just a quick talk, okay? I promised I stop when Rafe shows up”