𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼

RAFE CAMERON pulled up and parked his truck at the yard of the Thorntons', climbing out from the driver seat with two bags in his hand filling with Hope’s midsummer’s dress and a necklace that he bought as her gift yesterday.

He woke up earlier this morning just to get ready to meet Hope, so he can make up back for everything that happened yesterday. Actually, he hasn’t been able to sleep properly ever since last night. So when the morning creeping out, he’s wasting no time to get out from his bed.

He walks to the front porch with a smile, can’t help to feel excited. He usually would just barge in since he’s been inside the house more than he can count but he’s trying to be more respectful today. If he really wants to win Hope back, he needs to start from the scratch.

Rafe push the bell couple of times, waiting for the answer. Couple of seconds passing, the door got yanked open and a brunette middle aged woman shows up at the door. She looks annoyed at first but her features softened when she saw him.

“Oh, hey, Rafe” Dr. Rayna Thornton beams, standing properly instead of peeking behind the door “Why don’t you just get in? You’re going shy with us now?” she continues, also aware of how many times the boy's being inside her house.

And she knows Rafe for pretty much her whole life since the whole friendship they had with his family. Her husband is Ward’s business partner.

Rafe smiles at the woman “No, I just thought it’s too early for me to just barge in, you know?”

“That’s nonsense, boy. You know you are welcome to barge in here anytime” Rayna brush it away, gestures it using her hands “Plus I’m pretty sure both of my kids would barge into your house without reading the time”

“Yeah, that’s fine though” Rafe said, still with his previous smile.

“Come on in, Topper is still chasing his wildest dream. It would be an honour for me if you just get in there and drag him out from his bed” The woman motion for him to get inside, she’s stepping away from blocking the entrance.

Rafe almost wants to open his mouth and inform the woman that he’s not here for Topper, but he thinks he can tell it later. She gives the woman one more smile before he’s walking through the door and Rayna shut it door once he’s gets in.

“You want something to eat, Rafe? I can fetch the maid to make some for you” She offers.

“Nah, it’s fine. Already had some back in my house” he lied, because he went straight to here after he’s done with the shower “If you insisted” the women nods.

“Um, is Hope here?” Rafe asked hesitantly, because he doesn’t want to sound suspicious for asking for Hope. Though it wasn’t strange for them to hang out together.

“Yes, she’s still in her room” she announced.

“Is it cool if I’m going to see her? In case, you know, you’re not okay I can just go wake Topper”

Dr. Thornton gives him a look at first, can’t help to feel curious why would this boy wants to see her daughter but it wasn’t strange for them to hangout. She heard the words that Hope and Rafe being spot together many times before, it’s not like she wants to complain.

If this down to another person or even another boy, she’s totally going to step up and make it as a problem. Especially when she also heard stories involving a certain Maybank boy with her daughter.

“Yeah, sure. Go ahead” She smiles and Rafe beams once again “Hey, I’m not trying to be nosy or what but, what’s that?” but before he can keep going, she asked pointing at the bags he’s currently holding on his hand.