𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ

THE BELL CHIMING once Hope pushing open the door to get through into the shop, notifying a middle age man that sitting behind the counter. He averts his gaze towards her and Hope already smiling once their eyes met.

"Good morning, Mr. Heyward" Hope cheerfully greet the man who is also the owner of the shop. She pushed her sunglasses from her face to rest on her head, smiling sweetly as always.

"Morning to you too, Miss. Thornton. What can I help you?" he assist the young girl, walking away from the counter.

"I told you to call me Hope, no need to be so formal with me. I'm not my mom" Hope cleared out.

She never really likes it when people referring her to her last name. It made her feels there's a gap between her and them, she never really into the whole Pogue vs Kook thing.

Heyward let out a small chuckle "Okay, Hope" he said, emphasizing her name this time.

"What can I get for you? We have everything in here, still fresh and new. Just get them up" he continues, rubbing his hand together.

"I got the list for ya" Hope said, peered into her bag to find the piece of paper that her mother made for her.

Actually, it was made for their worker for their grocery shopping, her dad paid them for it so it basically their job. But Hope sometimes willingly offer herself to do it, especially when she's got nothing to do.

And she certainly doesn't want to stay in her house after what happened last night with her brother. They still not in talking terms yet, mostly because she went straight into her room after they arrived to the house and refused to talk to him.

Not now at least, though she knows they will back to normal anytime sooner. That's what siblings do. They fight and then they'll be fine the next seconds like nothing ever happened.

Hope hands the list to Heyward and he takes it, reading the scribbles before he starts moving to get the things she needed for.

Heyward knows Hope pretty much his whole life and been running the errands for her family for as long as he remembers. He likes the girl, she's less intimidating than her parents and her brother.

"You mind if I head out to look around the deck?" Hope politely asks, it's kinda awkward for her to just stand there while watching the man to do his job and it feels rude to just stand there while on her phone.

Though she knows the man probably won't mind, especially when handling a kook. She knows her people can be extremely rude towards the Pogues.

"Sure. Pope is at the back cleaning the storage" Heyward nods, pointing at the back. Hope smiles at him, excused herself before she's heading outside. He already heard a loud thud and clunk following by soft groans obviously from the Heyward's son, Pope.

She's not really close or knows the boy personally since they're living in a different side of islands and different circle of friends. But they do know each other, mostly because of how many times she's been here to pick up the groceries. They only greet each other by changing smile, nothing more.

"Hey there" Hope spoke, announcing her presence once she reached the deck causing Pope to startle and almost sprayed her with the water from the hose he's been using to cleaning the storage while turning his body towards her.

Hope jumps a little when the water almost fall on her but it only reaches her shoes.

Pope's eyes widened when he notices Hope standing there and he almost wetting the girl.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there" he squeals, putting down the hose and twist the taps to stop the water from keep flowing out.

"Nah, don't worry. It's my fault, I'm just jump out of nowhere" Hope brushing it off, waving her hand as a gesture and give the boy a smile to ease his feeling. She doesn't really mind about it, it's not a big deal to her.