𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

WHEN HOPE woke up that morning, her mind wander about the stunt JJ pulled last night by showed up at her house at one fucking am just to apologize to her.

And he didn't even do anything to her, not physically at least, not even directly. But still, She's not mad at him, if it's that what been bothering the boy. She's just, shocked and well---scared for a little.

When he shot the air last night, she feels it's too overwhelmed for her and that is why she's running from the beach. Can't blame her for feeling that way, he has a gun with him and pointed at her brother with the safety off.

Anything could happen, he could blow Topper's head and even JJ can get hurt if Topper decides to pull any dangerous moves at him.

But she can't help to feel something when JJ willingly to drive all the way from the Cut to her house to make sure she's okay and even apologize for it. He looks really regret with what he did, she can see it right through him.

Why it's bothers him so much until he needs to show up and apologize to her like that? Is he really guilty for his action? Or he just want to play her around so she's not going to press any charges on him for the assault he did to Topper?

"Good morning, princess" Her father's voice snapped her out from her trance, she looks up from her bowl of cereal to the man.

"Morning, daddy" she said, pulling a smile.

"Got any plans today?" he asked, walking towards the fridge and pull it open searching for something.

"I don't think so. I prolly just go bother Sarah" she said, continues to eat her breakfast again.

"You spend awfully a lot times there. You sure your name still last with Thornton and not Cameron?" he teased making her to snort, almost choke on her cereal

"Why would you say that?"

"Just asking, kid" he shrugged, pull out an orange juice from the fridge before he pour it into a glass for him.

"Calm down, you're not gonna lose your daughter to your friend, okay? Though Ward is definitely the father I always wanted" she jokes, teasing her father and she heard a loud gasp coming from him.

"I am offend" he said, putting a hand on his chest.

Hope let out a small chuckle at the dramatic expression from the man, shaking her head a little. Her father also let out a laugh, sipping on his juice

"You know I heard there was a fight yesterday at the beach near the Cut and a gun was involved" Her father suddenly said and Hope choke out on her cereal once again. She looks up to him, eyes widened.

"Really?" she asks, faking her innocence.

"Yeah, someone was held at a gunpoint too"

Hope gulped, what would her father will do if he knows that she was there when it happened and Topper was the person at the gunpoint? He's totally going feral and she's not allow to leave the house anymore.

"That's crazy" Hope commented.

"Yeah. That's why I don't want you to be friends with them, those crazy Pogues kids. I don't even want you to be at the Cut" her father said, she almost wants to protest against him "Freaking crazy. Who the hell they think they are? Owning a gun? Jesus" he continues shaking his head in disbelief.

Hope just nods her head. It's a good thing that Topper still keep this to himself and not telling their parents about this.

And she feels like she wants this stay that way, because if her father knows who was holding the gun he would drag JJ to the jail. He has a history with JJ's father after all.