𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼

THE WHOLE CAR RIDE is so tense, the tension rising in the air engulfed all of them with it and neither of them dare to open their mouth. Letting the deafening silence ringing out loud, almost can cut through their skin.

Hope is sitting at the back by herself while Rafe taking the passenger seat and Ward keeping his attention straight to the road as the driver. Neither Rafe nor Hope dare to even move a muscle from their seats, their movement are very strict and strain.

Rafe keep glancing at the girl that sitting at the back through the rear view mirror, catching the reflection of hers that just simply leaning her back against the seat with her eyes looking out to the window the entire ride. He can't keep his eyes off her, afraid that she's going to disappear and going missing on him again.

Now that she's here right in front his eyes, Rafe won't let her out from his sight again, not anymore. He's going to keep her right on his side and nobody is going to take her away from him again. He won't let that happened, he's going to make it right, he's going to win her again.

When the car take turns into a road that very familiar to Hope, she starts to lean away from the seat. The seconds they made a way into the messy yard before the image of a knock out trailer stand in front of her, she starts to tense up.

They're going to Barry's?

Hope takes out her eyes from the trailer to the men at the front, Ward already pulled over and parked the car on the lawn. He unbuckle his belt but he's still didn't say anything. He looks mad, pure mad. That's causing Hope to feel like she's also in a trouble.

Rafe watched his dad that about to get out from the car with wary eyes, he knows he needs to say something to him "I swear I learned my lesson, okay?" he announced, hoping that would help to ease the situation.

Hope knows that's just a lie, she knows that the boy not going to learn anything from it and only saying that so he's not getting into more trouble just like he always did. She knows Ward probably knows too, because he didn't even say anything to acknowledge it. There's still a silent from him.

Ward pull out a stack of money from his pocket to pay to the drug dealer before he proceed to get out from the car. Both Hope and Rafe do the same but they stop when the man chimes for the first time through the ride "Stay in the car" he demands "You too, Hope" he continues.

Usually, she would be protesting but seeing how tense the situation right now, she decides to drop her attitude and just listen to the man. Since Rafe also do the same instead of go against his father, he's back on his seat.

Ward walks out from the car leaving the both of them in another silence, Hope can't sit still because she worry about what will happens between Ward and Barry out there. She doubts that Ward will do anything physical since she never thought the man is a violent type of a person but she knows Barry definitely is.

Rafe glances at Hope through the rear-view mirror for the hundred times, been wanting to say something to her hoping that they're still in a good term. But there's nothing come up into his mind, he's afraid that he's going to lead into another argument between them.

Truth be told, he hates getting into a fight with her. It only driving Hope away from him.

"Are you-all right?" Rafe finally open his mouth, asking the question though he knows it's a lame one. He didn't turn to face her, keeping his gaze to the front.

"Why won't I be? It's not me that his dad need to see his drug dealer to pay the money he owed" she answered sarcastically causing Rafe to swallow hard.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean for this to happen" He said.

"Yeah, sure"

"I swear, Mia. I swear I didn't mean for anything like this to happen. I just-I just don't know what to do"