Uncertainty

8 Weeks Later.
Aaron sat patiently with George in the room. The doctors said she was steady and was recovering shockingly quickly. George sat by the bed every day until forced out or commanded a task. Killian hadn't come by at all to visit,in fact from what Aaron could tell he couldn't care less if she survived. Aaron couldn't stand it. Burren had chosen to stay in Chicago to be with his wife and child,Aaron wondered why he didn't stay with him. Even Michael hadn't been up to visit her as much as he should have been. So there sat two people,and someone who didnt deserve what was happening to her. Aaron was about to walk out when George shot up and called for the nurse. Veronica and Dr. Schneider almost broke down the door to ask what was wrong.
"I felt her squeeze my hand as I was talking to her!" Aaron turned back to the bed. His heart skipped when he saw moving a little. They stood behind Veronica and Jason as they treated her,before long,she had opened her eyes. Jason said that she just needed to relax,but that Aaron and George could talk to her. George began apologizing profusely for not getting to her in time.
She silently lifted her hand and began ruffling his hair.
He heard her call George a "big dummy" but the tone held a playfulness to it.
He didn't know why but George seemed to calm down a little when she did that. Aaron almost wished he could have that sort of connection with someone. He wondered if this was the type of connection Michael also had with her,after all, he always spoke decently about her and only complained about stubborn she was or how narrow minded she could be at times.
Does he feel the same way George does? He could understand if he did.

Two weeks later
Roxanne sat on the docks silently,alone. She didn't feel like the same person she used to. Nothing was bright and cheery anymore,she just wanted to be left alone. She almost wished she could crawl into the ocean and never come back up. She barely noticed when Aaron came by and sat down beside her,watching the waves intensely. For a long moment there was just silence between them.
"How are you feeling?" Roxanne wished he had just kept the silence.
"Look at my face Aaron,you tell me." She almost felt bad snapping but she couldn't help it,she couldn't understand what she could have done to warrant such a deformity.
He stared at her,before slowly reaching his hand up to tilt her head to look at him head on. "You're still the same person to me."
She yanked her head back angrily.
"No,I'm not the same person. I've been neglecting you Aaron. I've been neglecting a lot of things."
He didn't argue,she had been avoiding all of them since getting out of the hospital.
"We just want to help you."
Roxanne put her knees to her chest and laid her head on them. "Right now I just want to be left alone."
"No you don't."
Roxanne looked up at him,this time unable to hold back her tears.
"What?"
"I said; No you don't want to be left alone,and you know that."
Roxanne felt the tears flow faster. No matter how much she didn't want to cry in front of him,she couldn't stop.
He reached over and pulled her into a hug. Compared to him,Roxanne almost felt small as he held her.
Finally she embraced him back,tears soaking his shoulder.
But in that moment he didn't mind,he was someone she could hold onto.
And that was what truly mattered.
As Roxanne sat there,cradled by Aaron,she suddenly felt conflicted and guilty.
She wasn't sure who she truly had feelings for.
George had been by her side all this time,yet here was Aaron comforting her in her time of need.
Michael was here for neither,in fact Roxanne hadn't even seen him since she got out of the hospital.
She was confused and didn't know what to do or say. But the more she thought,the more sense it made to just stay in the moment.

That night Roxanne sat on her bed thinking about what to do next or whether she should apologize to her friends about her behavior.
*Knock Knock*
Roxanne tried to ignore it hoping it wasn't Tom or that new kid Nathan who seemed more interested in the women than combat training, How is Veronica even related to him?
*RAP RAP*
This time she figured she couldn't ignore it,whoever it was was persistent for sure,at this rate they'd probably break down her door. She opened it,surprised to see Helen standing there with a bag.
"Hello,May I come in?" Roxanne looked at the bag.
"You planning on staying the night in here? Sorry I charge per hour and there's only one bed." Helen ignored the snarky comment.
"No silly,I'm here to help you out with your hair!" Roxanne groaned,she had tried to forget about the state her hair was in. They had to shave a lot of it off to treat her head wounds. Now it had grown back in a really weird fashion,making it look like her hair had grown in backwards. A lot of it had grown in the front,that almost covered her face. She finally nodded and sat down in front of the vanity she had bought at Spyglasses. Helen shut the door behind her and placed all her items on the vanity; hairbrush,hairspray,hair ties,and..
"Is that hair dye?"
"Yes."
"But I like my hair color!"
Helen laughed, "Don't worry I'm not dying your entire head of hair a different color,it's just meant to help solidify it in the style I'm going put it up in,along with the hairspray."
Roxanne just sighed "Do whatever you want,just don't cut my hair off."
Helen smiled "But before we begin,I want to surprise you with this hairstyle,so I'm going to blindfold you!"
Before Roxanne could protest a cloth was wrapped about her face. She just sat up in her chair and let Helen work her magic.

"And Voila!"
The blindfold was taken off and Roxanne gasped,her extremely long bangs had been swept up into two big sections towards the left of her head and had been dyed bright red. Her hair had been put in a high ponytail that looked a little spiky,and she had two small bangs on the left and right of her face,just behind her ears.
"I'm sorry I didn't have any black hair dye or anything even resembling a natural color,but-"
Roxanne stopped her.
"Don't apologize,it looks lovely Helen,thank you so much. Though I'm pretty sure my mother would have a heart attack if she saw me." They both broke out in giggles as Helen gathered her stuff and headed towards the door. Before she left Roxanne stopped her.
"Helen,I can't thank you enough,I owe you a favor."
She smiled "I'll be sure to remember that,Ms. Phoenix."
"Roxanne,just call me Roxanne."