Weapons Deals

"With these new weapons,the US military will be unstoppable. Using our control over the new type of radioactive substance we call Diranium,we can now produce weapons 10 times more effective than we used to."
"Wonderful,this will decrease lives lost in battle by ending wars quickly. Are they ready to ship the first one?"
"Yes sir,we just need to know where we're sending it to."
"Cedar's Cay."

"Come on Roxanne! Don't let him win!"
"Don't let her win Jonas!"
Locked in an arm wrestle,Roxanne and Jonas fought for domination over the other. Sweat pouring from both of them.
We should do this more often,it's fun!
If she tries the lean up and kiss strategy I'll kill her.
Eventually though,Jonas won out.
"You're telling me Roxanne wrecked me in an arm wrestle but lost to Jonas?" Robert said bitterly.
"Don't skip arm day next time then."
"I HAVEN'T SKIPPED ARM DAY!"
"Well I certainly couldn't tell."
Despite how bad everything was looking Roxanne tried to at least smile. It was really hard and it made her face hurt.
The Magna Force,Rigel,Fowler,and their boss. Where does it all connect,and what are they up to?

Far out in the corners of the mainland Michael and his allies congregated.
"So you've heard of this new weapon they're developing,haven't you Imani?"
"Yes sir,they're supposed to ship a prototype to,um well,Cedar's Cay."
"Hmph,we could use that weapon,it'd make our jobs a lot easier. And if we needed money we could bargain it into a deal with the government."
Shae broke his silence "Yeah? Well those no good bounty hunters are after it too. They call themselves The Venatores."
"Hm,I've heard of them. We'll just have to beat them to it."
Austin sat uncomfortably,watching his brother and sister work out a plan to intercept it. Hoping one of them would say it.
"And we'll do this with as little killing as possible."
He sighed in relief,he hated senseless murder. He always preferred a different method,like outsmarting the enemy. He wanted nothing more than to get this over with.

"The weapon will be moved in a few days,we'll intercept it and take it,test it for ourselves."
Rigel,Fowler,and Victor sat around a table discussing the new weapon.
"I thought we would use the sergeant?"
"The sergeant is our ace in the hole,we use her when we go for the completed weapons."
"I see. But the prototype will be sent to Cedars Cay for testing,I've heard through a reliable source that the Magna force is interested in it themselves."
"Michael and his self righteous goons. From what I hear,he's got a soft spot for the Sergeant and her friend Aaron."
"Interesting,if you're right we could use that if we ever cross paths."

"I've called you all here because we have something very important being shipped here to Cedar's Cay."
Everyone had gathered in the main hall to hear the important announcement from Major Richard himself.
Roxanne sat in the back of the crowd with George and Aaron,they had been late to the meeting and the crowd was larger than expected.
"A deal was made earlier last year with Firebird Incorporated to create weapons for the US Military using the radioactive substance Diranium. A prototype of this new weapon has been created,and it will be shipped here for testing in three days."
Roxanne's only starting listening after Firebird Incorporated was mentioned. George turned to Roxanne, "Firebird Inc is your families company right?"
"Yeah,it's been a long time since I've heard them mentioned. I can't believe they've been commissioned to make weapons."
"As such,we have decided to send some soldiers to ensure the transport is successful."
Whispering ripples through the crowd,all wondering the same thing: who would be on that ship?
"We will announce our selections tomorrow,so be here in the morning at this time. We'll only send four,but we still need everyone here to make sure they know they'll be on that cargo ship. Dismissed."
The crowd began to disappear,and Veronica,Helen,and Heather found their way to the others. Joining them was Jonas and Tom.
"Who do you thinks going on that ship? I hope not me,after the disaster in New York I'd like to stay away from weapons deals missions."
"I'd like to,it's been a while since I've been out on a mission." Jonas lamented. It was true,he hadn't been on a mission in months. In fact a lot of them hadn't. Nothing had happened since Rigel and Fowler had been kicked off the island.
"Maybe it'll be four of us. It'd be cool to go on a mission with my friends." George knew it was Wishful thinking,but it still would be nice.

The next day everyone rushed down to the Cave to hear who would go on that mission. The energy in the crowd was like static electricity,passing quickly from one person to another. After waiting what felt like years,Richard and his assistant Lucas arrived with a small list.
"Everyone,settle down and we'll get the selection out of the way."
Like magic,silence gripped the crowd as they all waited to see who's names were on the list.
"First,we have Lieutenant Jonas Hill."
Jonas looked ecstatic,it had been too long since he'd been on a mission.
"Second,we have Sergeant George Costello."
"Sweet,you and I are in this together." George fist-bumped Jonas.
"Third,Sergeant Roxanne Phoenix."
Roxanne looked at the others and gave a halfhearted smile. She wasn't real excited about doing a mission,but maybe with George it'd be bearable.
"Fourth is Corporal Matthew Starr."
The crowd dispersed,but Roxanne,George,Jonas,and Matt stayed to be briefed on when they'd leave.
"Now I want you four to understand that you will not be going by your names this mission,use your call signs. Repeat your call signs so your teammates remember them."
"Roxanne Phoenix,Callsign Banshee."
"George Costello,callsign Wendigo,"
"Jonas Hill,callsign Storm."
"Matthew Starr,Callsign Comet."
"Very good,you'll be flown to the docks tomorrow morning,be prepared for anything tomorrow."