World At War

( A/N The song Midway by Sabaton along with this sequence is elite.)

November 17th 2028
"ROXANNE! GET UP!"
Roxanne groaned as she got up, the banging on the door become more and more panicked.
"Jonas?"
"CAPTAIN I WONT BARGE IN THERE BUT GET DRESSED! THERE ARE FOUR ENEMY FIGHTERS INBOUND! GET TO THE HANGAR!"
Roxanne shot out of bed half dressed. She grabbed her pants off the bed and yanked them on, and took off down the hall putting her boots on one foot at a time as she ran.
George and Robert shot of their rooms next to the staircase as Roxanne blew down the three floors. The three booked it for the hangars.
"How many are there?" George yelled over the sound of jet engines roaring.
"65 bombers! They're getting anyone they can to ready a counter attack before they reach the island! They're trying to recreate Pearl Harbor!" Robert yelled back.
"What are they attacking this base for?! Shouldn't they be launching their attack on the bigger ones on the coastline?!"
Roxanne yelled. They were around a quarter of a mile from the hangar now.
"They abandoned that plan! Maybe it's our strategic positioning?!" George yelled.
Roxanne was at the front of the group, with George and Robert just a little behind her as they entered the massive hangar.
Jonas and Aaron were already there, putting on their helmets and gear.
"JONAS! WHERES THE MAJOR AT?" Roxanne yelled over the jet noise, which was even worse inside than it was outside.
"HES GETTING DRESSED HIMSELF! BACK CORNER OF THE HANGAR!"
George and Robert headed for the Major while Roxanne and Aaron hurriedly put on the pilot gear.
"THEY'RE DOUBLING SOME UP, AARON IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY GUNNER, YOU THREE ARE THE LAST ONES TO GET HERE!" Jonas shouted.
"WONDERFUL!" She yelled back sarcastically.
They both shut up when Major Campeau came through, tailed by Robert and George who were already dressed in their pilot uniforms.
"ACE, STORM, GET TO THE IRON VIPER. VÌBORA AND WENDIGO, YOU'LL BE A TWO TEAM ON THE VULTURE. BANSHEE-" Roxanne readied herself. Who's going to be my gunner? "YOU'RE FLYING SOLO, GET TO THE NIGHT WITCH! ITS A SINGLE SEATER!" He yelled. Without waiting the group of five split to the here assigned jets. Roxanne felt a slight jealousy, the Iron Viper was by far a better aircraft than the Night Witch was.

The final count of fighter jets only came to around 29, a little less than half of the enemy fighters.
"This is Silverfox, this is an all fighters broadcast. All units report in."
"Redtail. Standing by."
"Storm and Ace, standing by."
"Frost and Bear, standing by."
"Wendigo and Víbora, standing by."
One by one the fighters radioed in.
"Banshee, standing by,"
"Roger that. Prepare for a firefight, this is going to get ugly."
Roxanne inhaled deeply. This was the first real dogfight the team had ever seen.
She kept her finger solid on the gun trigger of the Witch.
Ahead, she could see the mass of aircrafts on her radar.
"Prepare to break into attack positions."
Everything seemed to happen at once. The Night Witch, Iron Viper, Hawk, Vulture, and the lead jet, Griffin, all broke off in different directions.
Followed by the other jets as they were bombarded with heavy fire.
The Griffin took out two within his first few shots. The Iron Viper and Vulture found their first victims soon after, and The Witch took out two of her own. The surprise was short lived, as the jet Dragon was shot down, the first loss on their side. Roxanne tried to focus on taking out as many as she could as the jet sank to depths of the ocean, taking its pilot with it.
Four more on the enemies side were swiftly taken out by a combined effort from the Griffin and Siren.
The Witch was not left out, however, as three more of the enemy jets were shot down.
The radio crackled as a message came through. "Banshee! This is Nova, I've got two on my tail, smoke him!"
Roxanne spotted the double attack and headed to aid Novas situation.
With a well lined up shot, she took down the first one. As she aimed for the second, she heard a blast hit her left wing.
She could see smoke pouring from it, but took the final shot.
She swung around and continued the fight, knowing this could be her last ditch effort.
The C.C.M.F Air Force had lost 14 jets, and were now down to 15. The enemies, however had lost an astounding 43.
Now there were only 22 left to handle, and handle them they would.
It took only a few moments for her to figure out that the shot had only knocked out communications, nothing more.
The efforts of the last 14 jets were doing exceptionally.
The Maelstrom, Griffin, Iron Viper, Vulture, Night Witch, and Tempest sent the last 22 home packing.
Roxanne switched the power output of the communications to the right wing in order to listen to the celebration.
"WOOO! HOO RAH! That will teach them, they won't bother us for a good while!"
"That was amazing flying skills out there Storm, you also have yourself a great gunner."
"Hey you too Redtail, but the real star was Silverfox, now that was an opening to a dogfight if I've ever seen one."
"Hey now don't leave Víbora and Wendigo out, those guys were crushing it out there."
"Careful now Tiger, Víbora doesn't need and even bigger ego."
"Thanks for the save out there Banshee, you're a regular Red Baron."
Roxanne laughed, as her face turned a bright red.
"No issue Nova, you owe me one now."
"She'll hold you to it to." Jonas' voice crackled over the radio.
"Oh you bully."