(2) HBD, Juliette.

Bill
"Good morning!" She sings as I enter the kitchen. She had her hair up in a messy bun. She was wearing one of Tom's old baggy shirts with grey sweatpants. She places the spoon between her lips and motions for me to sit as she begins to place the breakfast on plates.

"You look like shit." She mumbles as she takes the spoon from her mouth. I snicker and nearly collapse on the chair. "How bad?" She asks as she pushes a plate towards me. "A vase and a frame." I mumble. She wrinkles her nose and shakes her head. "That's what, the 6th frame this month alone?" She asks.

"Talk about short tempered." She giggles.

I hear him scoff as he enters the kitchen. "Emi.." He warns her as he walks around the table to kiss her cheek. "I'd watch that mouth of yours. I might just forget you're a girl."

She smirks and sucks in her bottom lip. "Don't tempt me." She says to him in a challenging way. He smirks and looks down at his phone that had begun ringing.

He's quick to answer the phone, rushing back upstairs. "Yeah?" He mumbles as he closes the door behind him. Emi lowers her gaze to the countertop, clearly upset.

"He still has him checking in on her?" She asks. I set down my fork as she raises her gaze to look at me. "You knew what you were getting yourself into." I mumble looking towards the direction he left to. She chuckles, slamming the spoon on the counter to go follow him.

Emilia

Tom and I grew up as neighbors. I knew Tom before everything. Before their mom left. Before their dad began abusing them. Before his trauma manifested itself into that darkness.

They left to the United States almost 2 and a half years ago when we were 17. And when he came back home a year ago, he was different. That darkness within him was still there. But behind it all, I saw a version of him I had never seen before. I saw a broken version of him. But not the broken version I knew from what his dad did.

No.

I saw his heart was broken.

"Can you just make sure she gets it?" I hear him mumble into his phone as I peer in through the crack of the door. "I don't know tell her you bought it off some dumbass who didn't know." He hisses. He walks over to his dresser and pulls open a drawer. "Well, any update on what happened last year when she was suddenly hospitalized?"

I hear him chuckle as he shakes his head. His back was to me, but I knew he was smirking. "I've been dying to be inside of her again."

I flinch, accidentally bumping into the door. I've never heard a door creak as loud as this one did. He turns around, coldly glaring at me. "I'll call you later." He mumbles as he hangs up and swings open the door.

I notice the dainty gold necklace in his hand. "The food is getting cold." I mumble. He snickers, shaking his head. "Yeah I'm sure it is." He says as he dangles the necklace in front of me. It was his way of taunting me. A constant reminder that I wasn't her, and that I would never be her.

The pendants catch the light. It twinkles, flashing the room with their outlines as it slowly spins and sways in front of me.

He was smirking, amused by my quietness. "Stay out of my business." He growls as he walks back to his drawer and carefully puts away the necklace.

"It's been a year." I mumble, crossing my arms against my chest. I look over at her photo that was once again placed into a new frame. "Why can't you-"