(36) The NDA

Tom
"Are you sure?" I ask. "Positive Mr.Kaulitz. I've cleared the surrounding area just as Mr.Vince asked me to. Not a single camera in sight. Shop owner has already signed NDA. You're clear to go."

Bill unbuckles his belt, carelessly getting out. "Stop panicking, we're good!" Austen chuckles as he gets out of the car and stretches. Their casualness made me slightly irritated. Why was I the only one panicking right now?

I pull the hood of my jacket over my head as we begin to walk towards the shop that was forced clear and closed an hour ago. Vince had sent over one of his best mid level guards to clear the area and ensure everyone was gone.

The blinds of the store were pulled shut. The younger looking guard opens the door for us, immediately locking it behind us and standing guard outside the store. The shop owner was a small older man, with large oversized glasses that made his eyes seem large and bulgy. Austen and Bill walk over to the glass displays scanning the jewelry.

"Sorry if we had you a bit panicked." Bill chuckles to the older man who was cautiously eyeing us from a safe distance. Bill extends his hand to the older man. "I'm Bill. Bill Kaulitz."

The older man nervously extends his hand to my brother, barely even shaking it. "I have a wife and daughter at home." The older man quietly mumbles. Bill furrows his eyebrows and looks over at me. "Oh. We're not here.. I mean. We're not part of the mafia or anything." Bill chuckles.

Austen smirks finding the older man's facial expression to be amusing. He pulls his phone out and shows the screen to the man. "They're part of a band. And while this one.." Austen turns and gestures to Bill. "This one doesn't mind being publicly engaged. It's that one.." he turns and gestures to me. "That one is paranoid about every little thing."

The older man relaxes as Austen puts his phone away. "What did you show him?" I ask him quietly. Austen blushes and nervously scratches the back of his head. "Just a photo online."

"What photo?" I ask. Austen stays silent, turning away. I reach for the back of his neck. It's enough to have him flinch and pull out his phone. The picture in question was one of Bill and I with Austen, backstage in our dressing room. Bill and I were both having our mics put on, unaware that assface over here was taking a selfie.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I hiss at him. He squirms away from me and puts his phone away. "What? Girls didn't believe me when I told them we were friends." He mumbles. I scoff and shake my head at him. "This is exactly why I never fucking refer to you as a friend. Asher."

He gasps and looks at me with a look of hurt and betrayel. "That was a fucking low blow." He growls.

"Will the ring be for you?" The older man asks my brother who was standing a few feet away, annoyed with the minor argument Austen and I were having. "No." I growl. "It's for me." I walk towards the glass display nearest to Bill and Austen, looking at the various rings. Austen smirks and pats my shoulder. "Which one will it be buddy." He teases me.

I shrug his hand off me. There were dozens of rings in this display with three other displays full of rings. "What style would she like?" The man asks me. I furrow my eyebrows looking towards Bill. He'd already done this shit. He had to know something. "Alysa has an emerald cut diamond in a halo setting."

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I ask him not understanding a single fucking word he said besides Alysa's name. "That one's pretty." Austen says pointing to a circular diamond ring with a relatively small diamond on a gold looking band. The older man pulls out the ring carefully handing it to me. "This has to be ugliest ring I've ever seen." I scoff handing him back the ring. "Okay, perhaps this one." The man suggests passing me a ring with a fucking pear on it. "A fucking fruit?" I ask. Bill chokes down a laugh. I turn and glare at him. "No sir. It's a pear cut diamond on a white gold band. They're very well liked."